Port Everglades Starting Mobile Passport Control Program

Fouremco

I have 2 passports entered on my iphone

Originally Posted by wannagonow123 View Post

Does anyone know if you can put more than one passport per phone? Mine is done, but I cannot figure out how to do the 2nd. My husband does not have a smartphone.

When you turn on your phone and go to the passport APP my phone shows the passports that have already been entered and a PROMPT

( + ) Add Passport

Just click on that..

Hope that helps.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Since the Mobile Passport app is taking the place of the blue customs form, you can store your entire family's passports - parents and minor children. When you are making a new trip, you just select the people from your stored passports.

In our case, DW and I were on my phone. DFIL was on his own and could not have been on mine (unless we wanted to flip the phone back and forth at the end of the line.)

No, you don't need a WIFI connection for it to work. Just don't try to fill the form out before 4 hours prior to disembarkation.

Now I AM CONFUSED...

As per the Government website:

Do I have to be connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network to use Mobile Passport Control?

A:

Yes, travelers must have a Wi-Fi or cellular network connection to use the app to submit their customs declaration form and receive the QR code receipt. Travelers can use the app to complete their profile without being connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.

I have the APP loaded. NO PROBLEM

I have the Cruise terminal Location website loaded. NO PROBLEM ( I will get this information using a WiFi during our cruise)

Now on the day we return ( within 4 hours of going through customs ):

I must fill in the usual customs information as to purchases etc. and then SUBMIT THAT VIA my cell phone to get a barcode or whatever???

Is this correct?

Sorry, somewhat iPhone ignorant...

bosco

Now I AM CONFUSED...

As per the Government website:

Do I have to be connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network to use Mobile Passport Control?

A:

Yes, travelers must have a Wi-Fi or cellular network connection to use the app to submit their customs declaration form and receive the QR code receipt. Travelers can use the app to complete their profile without being connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.

I have the APP loaded. NO PROBLEM

I have the Cruise terminal Location website loaded. NO PROBLEM ( I will get this information using a WiFi during our cruise)

Now on the day we return ( within 4 hours of going through customs ):

I must fill in the usual customs information as to purchases etc. and then SUBMIT THAT VIA my cell phone to get a barcode or whatever???

Is this correct?

Sorry, somewhat iPhone ignorant...

bosco

Yes, you get a QR code for each person. They still ask for your passports. Not sure it saves any time, just reduces the paperwork.