Carnival Legend - HELP

IngFam

Hi we've booked a 19 night repositioning trip Sydney to Honolulu April next year. I'm starting to get nervous as all I seem to hear are negative comments about how the service, food and standards have really dropped, I'm seriously reconsidering. Does anyone have any good feedback who's travelled on Legend recently?

We did this exact cruise and had the best time ever The crew were marvellous the rooms were clean and comfortable and only dislike I had (personal) was too loud evening entertainment to backing music tapes and the fact that everything on the sweet menu was made of cake even the bread and b utter pudding But you should have a great time'

While we were on this cruise they advised that as it was going on to Alaska with mostly USA cruisers they had too much Australian beer so one night it was free beer and wine for anyone who wanted

There were tables of pints of beer lined up to be taken

Just got off Legend this week. We thought the service and food was great. Plenty of range at breakfast and lunch and always found something good at the dining room. Actually some nights I had 2 entrees because I couldn't decide between two. Our room steward was amazing we rarely saw her but when we went to breakfast (which was at various times) we would come back to a clean room. And the food at Nouveau was amazing and well worth going to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Legend in January on our first cruise and I was astonished at how good the service was. The food in the dining room was most acceptable, not so much the food in the buffet. The bar staff were friendly and efficient. I had no complaints. We have just cruised on the Solstice and I think the service compares well to Celebrity, the food in the dining room on the Legend I thought was better than the dining room food on the Solstice but the Solstice buffet was 4 times better than the Legend.

That's good to hear, Willow45 and Swissmiss6253.

We were on Solstice last Christmas and I thought the MDR menu was a bit boring, compared with Princess. I'm very interested to see what Legend is like.

Willow45, I've just added dinner for two at Nouveau to our budget. ;)

Have to admit I'm getting a bit excited about our upcoming cruise on Legend. I got an amazing last minute deal on a Vista Suite so this will be our first experience of the suite life. :) Plus our first experience of an aft-facing cabin.