Can't check-in online, how does dock check-in work?

ginger4horse

:confused::eek:

Because our kids are in their own cabin and we are in the ajoining cabin, we cannot check them in inline. We got checked in online but we can't do it for them. So I called NCL and they said we could just checkin at the pier but I've never done that. I've always had all my E-Docs for my past cruises.

So has anyone checked in at the pier rather than online? Is there a differnece inthe process? What do I need to have with me for them (obviously their ID, passport and a copy of the reservation, that much I am sure)? Any info on this would be great!

We are going out of New Orleans on the Dawn if that helps (maybe differnet processes for different ports?).

That is a great question. Since they started using online check-in, I've actually never had any experience with anyone who hasn't done it. With that being said, I think that all the materials you mentioned would be all you need. They double check most of that information anyway (when you do online check in) so I'm betting it just takes marginally longer. Don't fret!

Because our kids are in their own cabin and we are in the ajoining cabin, we cannot check them in inline. We got checked in online but we can't do it for them. So I called NCL and they said we could just checkin at the pier but I've never done that. I've always had all my E-Docs for my past cruises.

So has anyone checked in at the pier rather than online? Is there a difference in the process? What do I need to have with me for them (obviously their ID, passport and a copy of the reservation, that much I am sure)? Any info on this would be great! We are going out of New Orleans on the Dawn if that helps (maybe different processes for different ports?).

Check-in at the counter is the same.

However, getting by security is a different matter. The security at most ports will direct you to a desk outside of the security check point to resolve the lack of a "Guest Ticket Contract To Be Presented For Passage" for your kids. I don't remember where that was in New Orleans. In any case, you'll need to get by port security first, then the process will be the same as usual.

Allow a few minutes of extra time.

Take an extra "chill pill" before dealing with the local authorities (who are not NCL employees, but either rent-a-cop security guards or at some ports real port police).

So has anyone checked in at the pier rather than online? Is there a differnece inthe process? What do I need to have with me for them (obviously their ID, passport and a copy of the reservation, that much I am sure)? Any info on this would be great!

We are going out of New Orleans on the Dawn if that helps (maybe differnet processes for different ports?).

Unless they have changed the process, you send an email to documentation-ncl@ncl.com , give them the reservation number, and tell them you need to accept the terms and conditions for your minors. This may have changed, but that is how I have done it in the past.

I'm sending that to them now. maybe it will work and that would give me a great deal of comfort. I know they will let them on theoretically and intellectually but I can't help having a little trepidation. haha Thank you!!!!

"Unless they have changed the process, you send an email to documentation-ncl@ncl.com , give them the reservation number, and tell them you need to accept the terms and conditions for your minors. This may have changed, but that is how I have done it in the past. "

Just to reassure you that when I turned up at NYC I realised I hadn't got any cruise docs with me at all other than an email from our TA. We had no problems getting through security (we had our passports and I had written the reservation number in my organiser). This was a few days after last years Paris attack when security in the City was pretty tight!

Have a lovely cruise :)

Heya! Checking in at the pier is no problem at all.

I have written about everything that happens when you get to the pier and desk here >> http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/10/13/cruise-ship-embarkation-day-what-to-expect/ (I like to know exactly what is going to happen and what I'll be asked for...)

Don't forget to bring your credit card if you want to pay that way.

Try not to worry about it, checking in at the pier really is no trouble at all. Have a brilliant cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We book adjoining cabins for our kids, and always check them in online. Just create a username and password for them, and voila, there you go! You may have to add their personal info (birthdate, cruising date, reservation #) which I am sure you know! I would not check in at the pier -too much pressure for me! I like having my docs/luggage tags in my hand way prior to the cruise.

I booked 2 connecting balcony cabins for us and my elderly parents. Not ecactly kids [emoji6] but they don,t use email , computer or printer.

Like the previous poster I create a password etc. for them and could do the online check in for them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It wouldn't let me do that. It said that one of the passangers in that room has to be 14 or older to set up the username and password. He's 13 so he's too young.

We book adjoining cabins for our kids, and always check them in online. Just create a username and password for them, and voila, there you go! You may have to add their personal info (birthdate, cruising date, reservation #) which I am sure you know! I would not check in at the pier -too much pressure for me! I like having my docs/luggage tags in my hand way prior to the cruise.

You could always fudge the year of his birth so that he's 14. I did that when I originally set up our accounts because I was paranoid about the idea of NCL having all our personal information. Now, I just have to remember how "old" we really are when I call my PCC.

It wouldn't let me do that. It said that one of the passangers in that room has to be 14 or older to set up the username and password. He's 13 so he's too young.