Formal Night Attire

johnritt

It is obvious things have changed. After 25 years of cruising many times on formal nights the waiters or matre de would say something to these "underdressed" people on formal nights to remind them there is a dress code; even though it is never enforced; at least no tee shirts what is the point of "formal" night.

But formal is not a dress code, it is a suggestion. The actual dress code is no shorts, no sleeveless shirts, no flip flop shoes...they seem to have difficulty enforcing that! So I don't think you'll have any luck with them enforcing a suggestion :(

If you were the couple that donated the Vikings water bottle thank you again. I used it already; worked well. Thanks again to the person the put together the cabin crawl. I got to see the cabins we could never afford.

Not to hijack the thread but....we're your cabin crawl organizers. The Vikings water bottle was from Grace & Chris.:)

But formal is not a dress code, it is a suggestion. The actual dress code is no shorts, no sleeveless shirts, no flip flop shoes...they seem to have difficulty enforcing that! So I don't think you'll have any luck with them enforcing a suggestion :(

As per RCI website:

Life Onboard

Q: What are the dress codes onboard?

A:

Onboard Dress Code

Smart Casual: Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a blouse. Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a collared shirt.

Formal: Ladies: Cocktail dress or pantsuit. Gentlemen: Suit (black tie is optional)

Note: Swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurants or specialty restaurants. T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops are acceptable for lunch.

Note: Smart Casual is allowed on Boarding Day at The Grande Restaurant (should only be included where we are speaking about The Grande)