Lobster dinner excursion in Boston

Bleon9

Has anyone gone on the lobster dinner shore excursion through Celebrity while in port in Boston?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't but it sounds more expensive than necessary. Finding lobsters in Boston is not difficult. Is the Durgin Park still open?

Has anyone gone on the lobster dinner shore excursion through Celebrity while in port in Boston?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why would you book an excursion for that? Just do a little research and have a much better dinner for a lot less.

Similar on our NE/Canada cruise, we did not book the ship's pub crawl, and just got off and asked around. We ended up meeting them as locals gave us tips as to the best pubs close by. We were doing the pub crawl in reverse as it turned out.

They did get to have hats and a bagpiper at one stop for their money. I am sure they did get some local insight/history too, but we had a pretty good time too!:)

Edited by shipshape sam

http://www.legalseafoods.com/restaurants/boston-legal-harborside

Try this --- there are other choices but this is a good one for visitors, right on the harbor. first floor menu has a choice of lobster dinners. Take a cab or Uber. I think you'll enjoy dinner on your own more than a group excursion.

Agreed....we walked from the ship, took us about 15 - 20 minutes (and we're old folks with hip & knee problems!). Our trip was for lunch, not dinner, so not sure about walking it after dark, but it shouldn't be a problem. Our meal was great, as was the location/atmosphere.