Britannia - Xmas Day/NYE Fixed Freedom Dining times

SwadFox

Just received an email from P&O regarding Xmas Day and NYE dining times. We have chosen Freedom dining, but have to have a fixed time on these 2 days, either 5:30 or 8:00. Ideally we would like 5:30 for Xmas Day and 8:00 on NYE but you have to select one time for both days (so we've gone for 5:30). If we get the allocation we've requested, what are the chances of changing NYE to the later sitting after we've had Xmas day at 5:30. Does anyone have any past experience of this? Would we have to wait until NYE itself to request a change or sooner ? Any info would be helpful thanks

Just received an email from P&O regarding Xmas Day and NYE dining times. We have chosen Freedom dining, but have to have a fixed time on these 2 days, either 5:30 or 8:00. Ideally we would like 5:30 for Xmas Day and 8:00 on NYE but you have to select one time for both days (so we've gone for 5:30). If we get the allocation we've requested, what are the chances of changing NYE to the later sitting after we've had Xmas day at 5:30. Does anyone have any past experience of this? Would we have to wait until NYE itself to request a change or sooner ? Any info would be helpful thanks

Never done it myself ,but from what has been posted previous years , for those 2 days you will not be able to change once onboard.

At least you are able to do it online now. On previous years there have been posts from people who had to queue up for hours, once on the cruise to pick their time for those 2 meals.

We're on the Azura and had the same email. We were on Britannia last Xmas/ new year and had great time.

When you board look in the news sheet that comes to your cabin (sorry having a very senior moment and can't remember what it's called). It will give a time and place where you can meet with the staff to ask for a change. This usually in one of the dining rooms and meet with Maitre'D or Head Waiter I think. They try to accommodate requests but don't guarantee it, but it's worth a try.

We were allocated a table for 8 on Britannia but requested a table for two, which is what we got after asking on board. You'll get a card in your cabin giving your table number for both evenings.

I did notice that there were quite a few empty tables on New Year's Eve first sitting last year (which was 6 or 6.30 rather than the really early 5.30) so it's worth going to ask, although I know you want second seating this day.

Have a great cruise and hope you get sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

that's just what I was thinking who would want a main meal at that time.

I'm on the Azura for Christmas and I've asked for and got the 5.30pm dinner, We are a family of 5 and my youngest is 8 years old so this is a great time for us as we can eat Christmas dinner together. Any later and my youngest would be too tired.

At home we have Christmas Dinner at 2pm wish we could do this on the ship.

I'm on the Azura for Christmas and I've asked for and got the 5.30pm dinner, We are a family of 5 and my youngest is 8 years old so this is a great time for us as we can eat Christmas dinner together. Any later and my youngest would be too tired.

At home we have Christmas Dinner at 2pm wish we could do this on the ship.

It might happen. I had a questionnaire from P&O and one of the questions was about a 3.30pm xmas dinner.

It might happen. I had a questionnaire from P&O and one of the questions was about a 3.30pm xmas dinner.

3.30 is bizarre for me... it's not lunch, nor dinner. Christmas lunch for us at home is 1pm, and always has been. We've chosen the 20:00 slot on Aurora this year. We'll have afternoon tea to keep us going till then ;) I'm thinking the 5.30 slot will be busy with families with children.