Alaska Southbound in August from Memphis

katfer

Morning.......first time to Alaska....how quickly do I have to book hotels, the train and excursions? Flying in to Anchorage August 4th and then on to Seward for a few days. Would appreciate any input!! Would love hotel and excursion recommendations also........and of course" what not to miss"

Ours is 5/27 and leaving from Memphis as well. Doing a cruisetour starting in Fairbanks on Princess. I noticed many of the better excursions are already booked as well. Trying to make final decisions within days and also looking at non-Princess vendors.

I also agree on Vancouver, beautiful city and plenty to do.

Ours is 5/27 and leaving from Memphis as well. Doing a cruisetour starting in Fairbanks on Princess. I noticed many of the better excursions are already booked as well. Trying to make final decisions within days and also looking at non-Princess vendors.

I also agree on Vancouver, beautiful city and plenty to do.

Have you booked airfare? If so..with what line?

Morning.......first time to Alaska....how quickly do I have to book hotels, the train and excursions? Flying in to Anchorage August 4th and then on to Seward for a few days. Would appreciate any input!! Would love hotel and excursion recommendations also........and of course" what not to miss"

If you are going to Seward, I would hope, you already have your "excursion" plans known? It's sometimes a mistake in Alaska, to just randomly pick a place, then figure out what you are going to do there?

For better trip planning, I'd suggest you get the entire itinerary in place- with your tours known- THEN get your bookings.

The only the only bookings I give priority to is car rentals, which I double book. I never have any problem booking the same year, I am going. But some, are more limited on their selections than I am and book farther ahead.

Last several years, there have been tour discounts for PWS, Kenai Fjords as example, around Black Friday, so keep an eye out perhaps?

Last several years, there have been tour discounts for PWS, Kenai Fjords as example, around Black Friday, so keep an eye out perhaps?

This is great to know. Thanks for sharing! We are looking at booking through Major Marines - will hold off to check for sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk