Anyone Going on Costa Magica 3/19?????

lawyerrose

No, actually my name is Dea and I'll be traveling with my DW, Celine, and my mother, Georgiana.

And, nope, I won't take you up on that borrowing of children. Mine are grown, so I've done my time!! *big grin*

We live near Woolbright and 8th. So we're very close. What cabin did y'all book?

Welcome back lawyerrose...No children is ok.... you can have some of mine!!!

Anyways, DH or DW or DD or DS usually means Dear Husband, Dear Wife, Dear Daughter or Dear Son..... etc...

So, I'm guessing your name is Rose....who will you be travelling with? We're on Boynton & Jog, how close are you????

Hey Dea,

I lived in the east Boynton area for about 10 yrs @ Hyplouxo & Congress. I'm now @ Forest Hill & Jog since May 2004.

Elaine, my Mom is in O/V on Deck 2 # 2339. My sisters are down on Deck 1.

I haven't seen any new reviews of the Magica...just noticed a bad one of the Mediterranea.:confused:

We're in 6377, and 6389. I believe 6377 is next door to Elaine's parents!

Yup, my parents are right next door!! Is it the kids who will be in 6377? I'll tell Grandma & Poppy to keep an eye on them!!! And, of course, my kids will be with Grandma & Poppy lots too...

The cabins that we got weren't the ones that we really wanted, but by the time we booked, they were the only quads left...(or at least thats what we were told)

I'll update the list this coming weekend but don't think I have anyone new to add to it. But I can add names and cabin #s now....

I booked the Kandela Tour thru the Costa website yesterday but thats it thus far. Anyone book any tours yet?

Nancy.... "I haven't seen any new reviews of the Magica...just noticed a bad one of the Mediterranea."

I was hoping that some of the cruisers from the 1/29 Magica sailing would post but they haven't as of yet....Remember, no news is good news!!!! I guess we'll keep looking..... :)

I am so glad to see some groups with kids going on this cruise. Have cruised Carnival and RCCL, but never Costa. We have 7 Families going all with at least 2 kids ranging from 4 to 18. The biggest majority of them being 13 -18. We are all from the Bradenton area, about hour south of Tampa.

Very excited and trying to get most of the group to get busy on our togas. Can't wait for March 19th it can come soon enough.:) :) :)

Elaine,

Actually we planned for the kids to stay in that one but what usually happens is one of us adults sleeps in each room. Romantic huh???

At least you have a shot at some romance... Imagine the rest of us with 3-4 people all in the same room!!!

Welcome rikki racer....How cool 7 families with kids all cruising together.... Are you all going to drive down that Sunday? How long do you think the drive is? Obviously, you're more than welcome to join our roll call.... just let us know (if you have the time!!!) the names and ages of all...

We too have been on Carnival, NCL etc. and was very nervous about booking/cruising on Costa but I have to tell you, based on what I've been reading lately, and this great Roll Call of mostly families, I'm really getting excited now...I have a feeling that because it's Spring Break Week, this is going to be a great Costa Cruise!!!

Nancy, I actually "purchased" two (2) toga costumes on eBay this morning.... Don't know if we're going to like them, but for the price, it was worth trying.... I'll let you know when I get them!!! The girls both say that they're not getting into togas but we still have a couple of weeks to convince then otherwise!!! (is it possible to change a teenagers mind????!!!)

Is everyone planning on wearing a toga on Toga Nite??? I hope sooooooo....

I know my family and most of the other 6 families are planning the wear out toga's. I've been looking at some websites and got some great ideas. I'll try to get the website address posted.

I don't know if all of the others want me to list names but I'll give groups and ages.

My group Tonya (me) and my husband Pat

Kids Krystalle 17, Kelsey 15, and Patrick 13 and friend Kayleigh 16

Taking the friend so that husband and I have own room :) :)

The other six families are Moms and Dads and I'll list the kids:

Dustin 18

Matt 16

Chris 16 (Boy)

Brandon 16

Candice 14

Samatha 14

Chad 13

Dillon 10

Becca 8

Devon 4

A few other don' know all ages

This group just started small and then they told a friend and so on :D :D

We're all driving down that day as far as we know. Not all together but I sure carpooling somewhat as the kids want to ride with each other.

I hope with can hook up with everyone, I'm sure this will be a blast, I;m ready to DANCE DANCE DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cabin #2329, 2325

Elaine,

I think peer pressure is the way to go. I'll convince my neices and you convince your daughters....they will have a great laugh if anything! I wanted get some accessories as a gift to everyone in hopes they would all particpate and have a blast.

I was always so shy when I was younger, so I like to encourage my "girls" (nieces & daughter) to go for the gusto! You only live once! Have fun! Be your own person. When you get older, life gets tougher!

I can't tell you how exited we all are as well. Anybody else at 8:30p seating?????

My husband and I will be on the March 19th cruise and can hardly wait!! We are young at heart seniors:D and live in Palatka, Florida. Does anyone know how much luggage we are allowed and if they search our luggage as the airlines do? Also, what is this about Toga night? Thanks for any and all replys. wildflower264@bellsouth.net

WELCOME wildfire64... My parents too, are young at heart "mature adults" as they call themselves in Boca!!!

As far as the luggage goes, I'm sorry, I have no idea!!! But, as far as the Togas go, well that I think I can answer.... On the last night of the cruise, extra sheets with instructions will be delivered to each cabin on how to make a toga. From what I've been reading, at least 50% and sometimes more of the passengers participate in this. You wear your togas to dinner, to the show and around the ship....

Nancy, I'm not having much luck "convincing" the girls to wear togas. We even threatened them that they would have to stay in the room that night and got an "OK"..... Hopefully by the last night, either your nieces or some of the other kids on-board will convince them....

Sam, Ellen and family took late seating....

Have to go get ready...we're having a SuperBowl Party at my house but since the Dolphins aren't playing, I don't really care which team wins!!! I'll try to get around to a new updated list soon.....

Oh, and definitely doing Paradise Island and Kandela. On Nassau we might just get a cab over to Cable Beach's Wyndham Hotel and hang out there. And in San Juan, I'm hoping the stores stay open late for us. I have gotten some great bargains on clothes there and want some more!! Also, we're fortunate enough to be able to meet up with past Meet N Greet passengers from a cruise 2 years ago. They'll be on the Carnival Victory and we have plans to meet for foo foos at Senor Frogs...

:)

Nancy,

As Elaine already answered for us, Sam and I will be dining at the 8:30 seating, figured this way we still have a full day and don't have to rush.

We're looking very forward to meeting everyone and finally getting our of here as it's been a heck a year for most of us!

Ellen

lawyerrose (Boynton Beach)

Celine, Dea and mom Georgiana

Elaine515 (Boynton Beach and West Boca) (early seating)

Elaine, Doug, Danielle (15, but almost 16) and Lauren (12)

Francine, Scott, Landon (11) and Adam (8)

Naomi & Marty... Elaine & Francine's parents...

taszmom (West Palm Beach) (Delray Beach and East Boca)

Nancy (me) & Chip + 1 : Taryn (7)

Helen (sister) + Jim + 4 : Samantha (16), Shannon (12), James (5), Jillian (3)

Peggy (sister) & Gene + 2 : Melissa (8), Matthew (4)

Tom (BIL) & Carolyn + 2 : Jessica (6), Brian (3)

Grandma (mine) & Grandpa

Grandma (MIL) & Great Aunt

Ellen (Boynton Beach) (late seating)

Ellen, Sam, Jason (16 the day we leave, 17 the next day!! and Stephanie 13..

llgator (Jacksonville)

Laurie, Joel, Griff-13, and Claudia-8,

southern cruiser (Hurricane Country, South Mississippi)

Mike & Gayla

christau (N Carolina)

Christa, Kreg, Sydney and Kassidy (3 & 7 but I dont know which one is which!!!)

veroman (Chicago)

Laura, Brian, Veronica 2/12 yr old daughter

Aunt Michelle and Uncle Benny

rikki racer (Brandenton)

Tonya, Pat, Krystalle 17, Kelsey 15, Patrick 13 and friend Kayleigh 16

plus 6 other families with kids

wildflower264 (Palatka)

names?

Did I miss anyone? Let me know.... My next update I'll try to add the cabin #s to those that shared them with us....also, if you want to let us know if you're early/late seating I can add that as well....

Has a meet and greet been set up? If not, has someone done one before? It seems likes we have a lot of CC board people going. Might be fun!

Laurie

We haven't set up a Meet & Greet yet but I would love to.... Nancy, this one I'm going to leave up to you (if you don't mind) since you've already been on the Magica and would be the best one to know where a good place to meet would be......On past cruises, we usually meet by a bar near one of the pools but I don't the layout of the Magica....

The ship sails at 4:30....and is the Munster Drill the next day (I think thats what I read somewheres?)...so when do we think a good time would be? Any and all suggestions would be great............

It's soooooooooo much fun to put faces to the names and also to say hi during the week.....

Hey, Elaine, looks like we'll be together at early seating. We are with a travel group and have early seating in the Costa Smerelda restaurant. Our cabin is 8300. We're all getting SO EXCITED!!! :D

lawyerrose (Boynton Beach)

Celine, Dea and mom Georgiana

Elaine515 (Boynton Beach and West Boca) (early seating)

Elaine, Doug, Danielle (15, but almost 16) and Lauren (12)

Francine, Scott, Landon (11) and Adam (8)

Naomi & Marty... Elaine & Francine's parents...

Did I miss anyone? Let me know.... My next update I'll try to add the cabin #s to those that shared them with us....also, if you want to let us know if you're early/late seating I can add that as well....

A meet and greet sounds great!!

quote=Elaine515]We haven't set up a Meet & Greet yet but I would love to.... Nancy, this one I'm going to leave up to you (if you don't mind) since you've already been on the Magica and would be the best one to know where a good place to meet would be......On past cruises, we usually meet by a bar near one of the pools but I don't the layout of the Magica....

The ship sails at 4:30....and is the Munster Drill the next day (I think thats what I read somewheres?)...so when do we think a good time would be? Any and all suggestions would be great............

It's soooooooooo much fun to put faces to the names and also to say hi during the week.....

hey guys,

i'm thinking of a bar, just outside of the squok club. it's an outside bar way up on top....basically above the spa, forward, starboard (right). they don't show that deck on the deck plan, i think it would be Mantegna deck 12. i have a fold out one that has a 3 dimensional drawing of the ship and because I was up there i know where it is. it's in a quiet area, but being it's right outside of squok club, it will be a great place for all to meet. as soon as i find the name (if it has one), i will post.

as far as when to meet.....how about @ sail away time 4:30pm-5pmish??? sound good? everyone will be on by then:D If not, bummer! We're leavin' w/o ya:p

ok now on to more serious stuff....ok what are you doing to lose weight before the cruise. c'mon I know you are, i'm sure I'm not the only one! give it up and share. i'm not drinking until the cruise. i was going to go the gym today, but I bashed by toe into a chair on Sunday and it's badly bruised can hardly walk on it. it's all black & blue and swollen. figures....just when i got myself motivated to go and work out! i'm going tomorrow no matter what, i'll do some time on the bike.

Hey, Elaine, looks like we'll be together at early seating. We are with a travel group and have early seating in the Costa Smerelda restaurant. Our cabin is 8300. We're all getting SO EXCITED!!! :D

'Does this mean that there will be lots of Boynton Beach passengers or is this travel group a bunch of people from all over?

Funny thing is I met a woman last night who will be on the ship with her husband and 13 year old son. (But has no desire to join our thread)...Her Mom is also going to be on this cruise but her Mom (who lives in Palm Beach County) actually booked with a large group down in Sunrise!! She will drive to their development on Sunday morning and they have a bus transporting them to the Port.... This woman that Ellen & I met is actually doing the "Park & Sail". She briefly said that she parks somewhere and that a shuttle will then take them to the Port. It's $3. a day cheaper or a difference of $21. For that amount, we figured it's worth parking right at the Port....that way no waiting for a shuttle at the end of the cruise.

And, I think this question has been asked before, but I too, am curious....how do you know which dining room you'll be assigned to? Or does that come with the travel group that you all eat together in a preassigned dining room/table assignments???

Enjoy your cruise on the Magica, the ship truly lives up to its name. I did post a brief review yesterday about our cruise on the Magica last week. It truly is a spectacular floating masterpiece, in all respects. If we can find cheap enough airfares (from Southern California) for next week's sailing, we'd go again, in a heartbeat!

Archived