Better to book as 2 and bring a child or 4 and show up with 3?

Jezo

The dining reservations are coming back quite odd for all of the Breakaway places I am looking at, 2 people all the slots are open, 4 people all the slots are open. 3 people though, 1 slot a day.

So, if we want to reserve something should we book for 2 and just bring our 5 year old along or book for 4 and then say we only have 3?

Will we be charged for 4 if we show up with 3?

I know booking 3 for 3 people is the right way to do it but that isn't happening with what's listed 84 days out.

Edited by Jezo

We always book for 4 and then just stop by the reservations desk some time after boarding to change to 3.

It probably isn't necessary to change the bookings, but I think that it avoids any doubt.

Obviously, this could be a problem if you don't have the dining package, as you would have to pay for the number booked when booking in Teppenyaki or Moderno.

Edited by KeithJenner

Will do.

I wonder why 3 person seating is impossible across every day at every restaurant but 2,4, and in some cases 5 or 6 have plenty of options.

It is odd, but has been like that for years, although occasionally I see availability at better times for 3.

The staff are used to the issue, so it's generally not a problem to sort out.