Thermostats on Carnival

sp1031

Just got back from my first cruise on a Carnival ship and was surprised that there was no actual thermostat in the cabin.

Since I was on an older ship, does anybody know of any Carnival Ships that actually have thermostats to control the temperature? By thermostat I mean something that the actually controls the air temperature and not just a ceiling vent where you can control the air flow.

Thanks

We were on the Imagination which is about 20 years old. We have taken numerous cruises on Royal Caribbean and Norwegian (and 1 on MSC that I would not recommend) and never had a cabin without a thermostat.

If that was standard throughout the fleet, that would be enough where I wouldn't go back. It is good to know that they have them on their newer ships.

Thanks again.

We were on the Imagination which is about 20 years old. We have taken numerous cruises on Royal Caribbean and Norwegian (and 1 on MSC that I would not recommend) and never had a cabin without a thermostat.

If that was standard throughout the fleet, that would be enough where I wouldn't go back. It is good to know that they have them on their newer ships.

Thanks again.

Just be aware that on any ship, the "thermostat" in the cabin does not completely control the temperature. Each cabin gets 20% of its volume supplied as fresh air each hour, 20% of its volume exhausted by the bathroom exhaust, and 80% of its volume recirculated. The cabin thermostat only controls the chiller unit that cools the recirculated portion. The fresh air supply is common to several cabins on your deck, and is controlled by a large central cooler over which you have no control.

Just be aware that on any ship, the "thermostat" in the cabin does not completely control the temperature. Each cabin gets 20% of its volume supplied as fresh air each hour, 20% of its volume exhausted by the bathroom exhaust, and 80% of its volume recirculated. The cabin thermostat only controls the chiller unit that cools the recirculated portion. The fresh air supply is common to several cabins on your deck, and is controlled by a large central cooler over which you have no control.

Your knowledge continues to amaze me....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

regardless of why or how they work, whether there is a thermostat or not; I must say that I mostly remember having a thermostat similar to the picture in a post above. And this would be because of most of my Carnival cruises being on Conquest class or similar ships. Even so, with these gadgets, and set to the coolest setting, the room never seems to cool adequately for me. I admit to being a person who likes to sleep in cool temps. I often find it very much too warm going to bed at midnight or thereabouts, but find that when I wake at 4am or so, the room is cooled off fairly well, and I am once again comfortable. So I am not quite sure I understand Chengkp's explanation, but do figure that it means that the temps are somehow centrally controlled?

I understand that having rooms cooled during the day when most are not in the room is a waste of energy, especially for a ship that needs to funnel it somewhere else on board, but just wish I could go to bed on board with my room feeling a lot less like a hot oven:(