Grand Princess Cabin Question regarding Balconies

Cruisin Broad

For anyone who has cruised on the Grand Princess, are all of the balcony cabins either fully covered or fully exposed? From reading various posts on this forum and from other internet research, it appears there are no cabins on the Grand that are partially covered. Is this correct? I've booked a mini-suite on Dolphin deck, but may want to change the location if there are partially covered balconies on this particular ship. Thanks.

For anyone who has cruised on the Grand Princess' date=' are all of the balcony cabins either fully covered or fully exposed? From reading various posts on this forum and from other internet research, it appears there are no cabins on the Grand that are partially covered. Is this correct? I've booked a mini-suite on Dolphin deck, but may want to change the location if there are partially covered balconies on this particular ship. Thanks.[/quote']

There are 12 mini suites on deck 8 port and starboard aft with fully covered balconies.

All other mini suites are on deck 9. They have 9'x6' balconies that are not covered.

Balcony Cat. cabins on deck 10 have 9'x9' balconies of which 5' is covered and 4' is uncovered.

Balcony Cat. cabins on all other decks have 9'x5' balconies that are fully covered.

Stern facing cabins have various sized balconies with various amounts of cover. There are no mini suites that are stern facing, only balcony cat., full suites and a few porthole cabins.

Window Suites on deck 6 have no balcony, are sometimes available at a good price, and have full suite perks.

Edited by sknight

Thanks sknight for your response. I'll check the balcony cabins on deck 10 to see if they'll accommodate a third person. We booked the mini-suite thinking we might have a third traveler and would prefer the mini-suite, but the partially covered balcony might win over cabin space.

Edited by Cruisin' Broad

Thanks sknight for your response. I'll check the balcony cabins on deck 10 to see if they'll accommodate a third person. We booked the mini-suite thinking we might have a third traveler and would prefer the mini-suite' date=' but the partially covered balcony might win over cabin space.[/quote']

There are 16 cabins on Caribe Deck (10) midship that have partially covered balconies and can accommodate a third person. I hope one is available for you.

Thanks sknight for your response. I'll check the balcony cabins on deck 10 to see if they'll accommodate a third person. We booked the mini-suite thinking we might have a third traveler and would prefer the mini-suite' date=' but the partially covered balcony might win over cabin space.[/quote']

Not sure if you noticed this but there are mini suites on the Emerald deck where the balcony is fully covered. They do sell out rather quickly, though ... they are very popular cabins. One side is located over a stage with speakers so the starboard side is usually more popular. The two end cabins on either side have a very large extended balcony ... but those are even harder to snag.

There are 12 mini suites on deck 8 port and starboard aft with fully covered balconies.

All other mini suites are on deck 9. They have 9'x6' balconies that are not covered.

Balcony Cat. cabins on deck 10 have 9'x9' balconies of which 5' is covered and 4' is uncovered.

Balcony Cat. cabins on all other decks have 9'x5' balconies that are fully covered.

Stern facing cabins have various sized balconies with various amounts of cover. There are no mini suites that are stern facing, only balcony cat., full suites and a few porthole cabins.

Window Suites on deck 6 have no balcony, are sometimes available at a good price, and have full suite perks.

The forward balconies on Deck 8 are 10x10 and completely covered. The promenade goes a deck up and these cabins are behind the promenade so people walk by but it is not bothersome. They're also above the theater so it can be noisy. But you can sit on these balconies in just about any weather.

Edited by sterling2
Tried attaching photo but it failed!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I've looked at the partially covered balconies and their locations, and I think we're going to stay with the Dolphin deck mini-suite we've reserved. This will be the first time with a "fully exposed" balcony. We have one sun worshipper, so I'm sure she'll love it. Thanks again.