Cruising in late April vs November/December

KarenRB

I usually cruise between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have some vacation coming up next year the last week of April and was toying with the idea of cruising.

For those of you who've cruised then, could you tell me what to expect? I realize it'll be a lot warmer but what else would differ?

Thanks

Karen

Do you have an idea of what itinerary you are interested in? We have cruised in April/May. Our favorite itinerary is the full-transit Panama Canal because it is a warm weather cruise and has an almost equal number of sea days and port days. The problem is it is a 2 week cruise and most people don't have that much time.

We have also taken a Mexican Riviera cruise around that time. It is a warm weather cruise for the most part: warm in Mexico, but can get cool going in and out of LA. You will miss the Spring Break crowd which means it will be a quieter crowd with less children. We have also done the Pacific Coastal cruise LA to Vancouver around that time. Not quite as warm, but San Francisco and Victoria are great sightseeing ports.