Ship Change Notification for Port Canaveral

OhJinkies

EMail I received from Carnival today

If you purchased independent air transportation and need to make changes to accommodate our new return, we will reimburse up to 200 USD per person for airline change fees so long as documentation is provided. Please submit supporting documentation via email to airreimbursements@carnival.com. If you purchased Fly2Fun, your flights will be changed automatically.

Yea I spoke to carnival. They said I'd have to pay up front for the change then they give me the money back but couldn't let me know how long that would take to get my money back. I personally don't have that up front to fork over and if they wait till after the cruise the. I'll be without money that I'm planning to use. I'll have to think what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello!

I am sailing on 12/22 also and received the same email about the change of ships. I do see that the Liberty is the same class of ship and the layout looks pretty much identical to the Valor, which is great! :)

My only concern is that I chose my cabin number SO carefully (we're talking days of research), haha! Has anyone ever experienced a change of ship before and knows how they handle the cabin reassignments? Ideally, they put us in the same cabin numbers (they look identical, again, from what I see).

Thanks for any input you can give!

Even though the same cabin numbers exist on Liberty and Valor, I noted that the accommodations are different. For example 8422 on Valor accommodates 3 while on Liberty it is 2 only. These differences will force some changes for sure. I'm sure they will try to keep everyone in the same cabin.

Although there are compatible decks and cabin numbers and I am sure they will make every effort to keep people where they are booked, changes will be required.

The cabins apparently have different accommodations and features. For example 8422 on Valor is for up to 3 persons while on Liberty it is for 2 only. Some connecting cabins on Valor are completely different on Liberty. They will have to move people and there will be some cascading affect.

We will just have to wait and see.

I hope they will transfer over the reservations for the steak house restaurant. While the request was made online and I did receive an email confirmation the process does not appear to be automated (e.g. not visible in booking).

My parents were bumped from a 6J from the last time the Liberty and Valor did some shuffling (they were supposed to be on the Valor from San Juan and the Liberty replaced her). They were obviously bumped from a 6J as they don't exist on the Liberty. They were offered a Lido Balcony at no upcharge instead. :)

My booking was updated to reflect the Liberty as if this AM including a new cabin assignment. I knew mine would have to be updated as the same cabin on Liberty did not accommodate 3 people.

I also received an email:" As per your request through Carnival.com, your pre-sales order, 3QF3Sxxxx, has been cancelled. A refund has been processed for the credit card(s) and/or Carnival gift card(s) used to make your purchase."

I did not make such a cancellation and it specifically on the web site says "Fly2Fun flights, transfers and other vacation components such as dining choices, pre-paid gratuities, shore excursions, Fun Shop items and Spa reservations will be maintained as originally booked."

I am very confused as to what they are doing.

My booking was updated to reflect the Liberty as if this AM including a new cabin assignment. I knew mine would have to be updated as the same cabin on Liberty did not accommodate 3 people.

I also received an email:" As per your request through Carnival.com, your pre-sales order, 3QF3Sxxxx, has been cancelled. A refund has been processed for the credit card(s) and/or Carnival gift card(s) used to make your purchase."

I did not make such a cancellation and it specifically on the web site says "Fly2Fun flights, transfers and other vacation components such as dining choices, pre-paid gratuities, shore excursions, Fun Shop items and Spa reservations will be maintained as originally booked."

I am very confused as to what they are doing.

I called Carnival and they indicated they used system generated messages to transfer bookings -- (did not take the time to avoid customer confusion with system generated messages). They indicated they would automatically re-book. I'm not sure if they will credit my card or not and how things get handled from here.

I thought it Ironic that they did this on Veteran's Day. One of the reasons we chose the Valor was because of it's patriotic theme. I'm not sure what the Liberty's is.:confused:

I've been on both ships in the last couple of years and while the Valor has a marvelous patriotic theme I found the Liberty to be just gorgeous!!

I cannot imagine that anyone will be disappointed in the Liberty over the Valor. To date the Liberty has been my absolute favorite ship. Her features, decor and size were just perfect!

Fortunately both ships are near identical so you won't find much difference between the two of them other than mostly decor.

Edited by Qchell

Where are the thread consolidators on this board? Almost half the of the 1st 20 threads deal with the Liberty/Valor swap. It is an issue that deserves the attention it's getting, but I'm having trouble keeping track of what's been answered on which thread..

Where are the thread consolidators on this board? Almost half the of the 1st 20 threads deal with the Liberty/Valor swap. It is an issue that deserves the attention it's getting, but I'm having trouble keeping track of what's been answered on which thread..

No kidding.... I was thinking this should be one of those headline threads!

You are so right and this is great advice for Liberty guests who are now on the Valor.

I had the grand scenic ocean view 6k on Valor and was moved to an ocean view 8d, in the middle of the ship, on Liberty. I spent a long time searching for the right room for me and my family and am a little disappointed with the new room. As the transition is still happening I will have to see the final room we are given. Then I'll call to see if I can change to something else if I'm still unhappy. :)

First time cruiser

One thing you might consider... unless the 6j and 6k scenic ocean view cabins are being added to the Liberty this drydock, the Liberty does not have them... which means if you were booked on the Liberty and have been moved to the Valor there is a chance if you call that you might be able to snag one of those cabins... Alternatly, if you were on the Valor booked in that cabin catagory you will be moved....

I thought it Ironic that they did this on Veteran's Day. One of the reasons we chose the Valor was because of it's patriotic theme. I'm not sure what the Liberty's is.:confused:

The theme is more French Liberte than US patriotism, but still pleasing.

• 4 weeks later...

I just learned that there is no Carnival Hub app on the liberty. I had looked forward to this service to communicate via chat with our kids and groups in different cabins and to use the services of tracking charges and daily activities. The ships were not equal --- very disappointed.

No kidding.... I was thinking this should be one of those headline threads!

And where is the discussion about Carnival's public affairs? Since when is it not news to talk about the changes being made where cruisers have already put their money down for a certain ship and itinerary?

Knock, knock, knock. Anybody awake inside Cruise Critic's news department?

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote the following email to Carnival about the failure to communicate the loss of Hub service (which I feel is misleading) and share their response:

I was told that we would be transferring to an equivalent ship and I was okay with that even though we changed cabin assignments.** My greatest disappointment was to learn on my own that Liberty would not have the Carnival Hub service.* We had planned on using this to keep our group together and to ensure we knew where are tweens and teens were on the ship.** It is bad enough that this is not an equivalent swap but worse that this was not communicated directly to customers.*** I believe it is always best to be open and transparent with customers about changes.* It leaves the question,** what else are they not telling*us or hiding?*** I'm very disappointed in Carnival and how this was handled.*

Carnival's response after 8 days:

We are sorry to hear that you have been affected by the recent sailing changes. We strive to maintain our originally scheduled sailings and it's always disappointing when we have to make changes.

While the Carnival Valor and Carnival Liberty are sister ships there are some minor differences.* Sadly, one of these is that the Hub App does not currently work on the Carnival Liberty.* We've been expanding the program and will have it onboard all of our ships soon but at this time don't expect to have it available for your sailing.*

We did not intend to mislead our guests, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Scott

I'm booked on dec 11th sailing I'm supposed to be flying into Tampa and out of Orlando the 15th. Now we come back on the 14th. I'm gonna be paying a arm and a leg to change my flight! That's crazy they can just change it like that. [emoji58]

I believe they do compensate some $$$ for flight changes. You may have to send the paperwork showing the differential.