Carnival Valor 4 day 12/11 cruise shortened to 3 day due to repositioning

IslandSliderGirl

Just received an email stating our 4 day beginning on 12/11 aboard the Valor to The Bahamas will be shortened to a 3 day due to repositioning. :(

Initial reaction was disappointment but I'm trying to stay positive. Carnival is offering 25% refund of fare and $25 onboard credit per person, plus airfare reimbursement for changes. I believe this is all fair compensation. My biggest disappointment is I secretly upgraded to an aft balcony so we could try one out and now we don't have a sea day. I guess I need to drop that in the bucket of first world problems.

Off to tell the hubby about the change in plans. I hope everyone scheduled on this cruise can make some lemonade out of the lemon dropped in our InBox this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

Yep, just received an email from CCL that our cruise out of Galveston will not be on the Liberty but instead the Valor!!! Looks like Valor will be sailing out of Galveston for some time until the Liberty's issues are fixed!!!

Sorry your trip was cut short~~~that's no bueno!!!

I am also VERY disappointed. We also booked an aft balcony for the sea day. Oh well. Carnival is compensating for the loss, but it's still a disappointment. I hate losing a day of cruising, especially with it being a short cruise to begin with. My parents are going on this cruise. It will be their first Christmas/Holiday cruise, and their first ever balcony. They will be celebrating their 58th wedding anniversary on this cruise. We will definitely make the most of it, but it wasn't a great way to wake up this am. And please don't flame me. I understand there are much worse problems. This past year has been a tough one with severe medical problems within the family, and the unexpected, untimely loss of my brother last month. So we will make the lemonade, but really wish we didn't have to :(.

Edited by CruizCuz

I am also VERY disappointed. We also booked an aft balcony for the sea day. Oh well. Carnival is compensating for the loss, but it's still a disappointment. I hate losing a day of cruising, especially with it being a short cruise to begin with. My parents are going on this cruise. It will be their first Christmas/Holiday cruise, and their first ever balcony. They will be celebrating their 58th wedding anniversary on this cruise. We will definitely make the most of it, but it wasn't a great way to wake up this am. And please don't flame me. I understand there are much worse problems. This past year has been a tough one with severe medical problems within the family, and the unexpected, untimely loss of my brother last month. So we will make the lemonade, but really wish we didn't have to :(.

CruizCuz ~ I think our disappointment is legitimate. We have decided to still go and squeeze in all the fun we can. I hope you and your parents will be able to do the same and make the most of that awesome anniversary....58years, congrats to them!! I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your brother and the other problems your family has faced. Hopefully this quick get-away can offer a little stress relief. Happy sailing.

Yep, just received an email from CCL that our cruise out of Galveston will not be on the Liberty but instead the Valor!!! Looks like Valor will be sailing out of Galveston for some time until the Liberty's issues are fixed!!!

Sorry your trip was cut short~~~that's no bueno!!!

So the people that are cruising out of Galveston will get a ship while our cruise gets shortened. Not sure if that is fair but it is what it is.

CruizCuz ~ I think our disappointment is legitimate. We have decided to still go and squeeze in all the fun we can. I hope you and your parents will be able to do the same and make the most of that awesome anniversary....58years, congrats to them!! I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your brother and the other problems your family has faced. Hopefully this quick get-away can offer a little stress relief. Happy sailing.

Thank you for your kind words and compassionate understanding, IslandSliderGirl.

So the people that are cruising out of Galveston will get a ship while our cruise gets shortened. Not sure if that is fair but it is what it is.

It sucks that it was changed but they certainly did make it fair they refunded for the loss day and gave additional OBC

Sorry this happen to you guys, daughter was on the Nov 6 Sunshine cruse. Ship arrived late ,stood in line outside 2 and a half hours with kids in tow .Boarding for her and kids started 7:30 at night .No handicapped parking " bad Leg "she had to walk 4 to 5 blocks to the ship. Muster drill started around 11:00. Carnival compensated ,ZIP

So chin up butter cup :D

Edited by BoDidly