CHECK FINAL PAYMENT DATES! My date switched without notice

nik23

Thanks to CC RollCall member for alerting me of a final payment change, For my Feb. 12th cruise.

I booked Allure Jan.2, 2016 via phone with a Royal representative, and she stated price quote and final payment of Nov. 29th. I had documents emailed to me, as well. The documents stated final payment was Nov. 29, 2016. I also checked MyCruise planner on RC website reguarly and the final payment date has always been Nov. 29th.

So, to my SURPRISE this am while reading my roll call, that final payment for other cruisers on my sailing is Nov. 14th....yikes, that's Monday!

So, I checked C&A cruise planner, still 29th, then I called directly to C&A and YES, my final payment per RCL representative is Nov. 14th. So I questioned WHY and HOW this can happen? and IF and WHEN were they were going to notify me of these changes?!? Rep. had no answer for me. He stated all bookings on this sailing after March 6, 2016 have the Nov. 14th deadline for payment. I booked before that?

If I would not have been on Cruise Critic and If I would not have called, not sure if I would have had my cabin after Nov. 14th! :confused:

PLEASE check or call RCL for final payment information!

Thanks to CC RollCall member for alerting me of a final payment change, For my Feb. 12th cruise.

I booked Allure Jan.2, 2016 via phone with a Royal representative, and she stated price quote and final payment of Nov. 29th. I had documents emailed to me, as well. The documents stated final payment was Nov. 29, 2016. I also checked MyCruise planner on RC website reguarly and the final payment date has always been Nov. 29th.

So, to my SURPRISE this am while reading my roll call, that final payment for other cruisers on my sailing is Nov. 14th....yikes, that's Monday!

So, I checked C&A cruise planner, still 29th, then I called directly to C&A and YES, my final payment per RCL representative is Nov. 14th. So I questioned WHY and HOW this can happen? and IF and WHEN were they were going to notify me of these changes?!? Rep. had no answer for me. He stated all bookings on this sailing after March 6, 2016 have the Nov. 14th deadline for payment. I booked before that?

If I would not have been on Cruise Critic and If I would not have called, not sure if I would have had my cabin after Nov. 14th! :confused:

PLEASE check or call RCL for final payment information!

Your final payment was (and is) November 29th. Final payment date changed from 75 days to 90 days earlier this year, as the rep said in March. Anybody who booked after that change over is due Nov. 14, anybody who booked before is due Nov. 29.

Sounds like the agent didn't look at your reservation specifically to see when you were booked, but your cruise documents and the website tell you what is correct for your reservation.

Didn't know they can change the final payment date without formal notification. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't believe purposely change it. However, since RC changed the final payment dates back in March, several people have reported their dates being changed by accident, usually when a change is made to the booking.

I think about is what happened to me since I booked over one and a half years ago but was able to lower the price several times so my final payment was changed as well. I did get a notice email from Royal Caribbean reminding me that payment was due. It is always good to double-check just in case things change.