Celebrity Re-visiting Luggage Valet?

Luvcrusn

Sorry to beat the dead horse, but since it's gone to the horse graveyard, it will feel no more pain. A captain's club rep that I spoke with today said that each December X bigwigs examine the business decisions they made that year with a look to the future. Luggage Valet will be one of them. To those of you who miss it and would like to see it return, t is important that you reach out to captains club and make your desire known and write to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com before December.

Sorry to beat the dead horse, but since it's gone to the horse graveyard, it will feel no more pain. A captain's club rep that I spoke with today said that each December X bigwigs examine the business decisions they made that year with a look to the future. Luggage Valet will be one of them. To those of you who miss it and would like to see it return, t is important that you reach out to captains club and make your desire known and write to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com before December.

Are we talking about the same thing? We used a luggage express where our bags were taken from the hall and transported directly to the airport. We never saw them until we arrived at our home city.

Is this what you're talking about?

Yes, that was the Luggage Valet program -- you got special luggage tags, put your bags in the hallway and the next time you saw them was in your home airport -- no dragging them through the terminal or airport. It was a wonderful service, which also included printing your boarding passes. It mystifies me that it is no longer available.

In response to a request on an earlier thread, I did email =X= about Luggage Valet. Here is the response I received on Nov. 8. I've used initials instead of names.

Dear Mrs. B

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises. Please accept our apologies that we were unable to respond to you as quickly as we had hoped. You have my gratitude for patiently awaiting our reply.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our cruise line’s recent discontinuation of the Luggage Valet program. I am very sorry for the disappointment this has caused. Kindly note that this was a carefully made business decision that stemmed from the program’s logistical challenges and limited popularity. Although there are no current plans to reinstate this luggage service, some airports and other independent companies do offer similar transport options. As such, I recommend pursuing one of those options should you desire such assistance.

Mrs. B, again thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises. We look forward to welcoming you and Mr. B back aboard in the near future.

Sincerely,

KF

Celebrity Cruises

I wrote as well, and also suggested better joint marketing of the program with the service provider. They should send an email brochure to everyone who books, and provide a printed flyer in every cabin on embarkation day, not just a small paragraph in one days daily as they were doing.

I wrote as well, and also suggested better joint marketing of the program with the service provider. They should send an email brochure to everyone who books, and provide a printed flyer in every cabin on embarkation day, not just a small paragraph in one days daily as they were doing.

They did use to put a flyer in each stateroom early in the cruise. On our last cruise in Feb, we went to the concierge to ask about it. There was just a small blurb on the day of the deadline for it in the daily that would have been easily missed by anyone not specifically looking for it, and it didn't explain what the program did. I suspect that they were phasing it out at that point.

Why is it the other cruiselines have this program so why is it Celebrity has such problems with it:confused:. IMHO, they just don't want to be bothered with it and don't care about how it effects passengers.:mad: With mobility issues, it deeply affects us so we canceled our Thanksgiving cruise on Celebrity and booked a cruise on Princess for the same dates. I hope for all loyal Celebrity cruisers, management does reinstate the program. For us, it will make no difference now because they have shown we really don't count. Good luck in your fight to bring it back.