Booking on board with a Future Cruise Deposit

Scriv

Clearly I have upset someone at P&O, we last sailed on Britannia returning on 20th August and booked our next cruise on 19th Sept, we received our FCD on board credit of £50 each, having bought one each, but no sign of any WBC.

We then booked another cruise on 20th October and received sweet nothing for that.

Not a happy bunny at all.:(

The simple was sarcasm [emoji6] I definitely don't think you can use a FCD and a BOB together, but getting to the bottom of where the OBC comes from isn't easy. It isn't the first time I have had a random extra £25 with no idea where it came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Florry I am with you on that. I rang to get a price from P and O last week and they said I had a FCD, which to my knowledge I don't as I used it for my 2018 main holiday. They also said I had a welcome home credit of £30 each, as we have just returned from Azura. I then rang my TA to book the cruise and she came back with £200 obc. I definitely think that they make it up as they go along. In this case thou I'm not complaining.

Edited by stocktonmackem

Clearly I have upset someone at P&O, we last sailed on Britannia returning on 20th August and booked our next cruise on 19th Sept, we received our FCD on board credit of £50 each, having bought one each, but no sign of any WBC.

We then booked another cruise on 20th October and received sweet nothing for that.

Not a happy bunny at all.:(

We got back from our Cruise in July and booked the 2018 cruise in September, as you know :). We received the extra WBC John, so I think you need to get in touch with them and ask why. I had a code but it wasn't needed as it came on automatically.

After returning from a cruise in April, which my mother in law cruised in the next cabin, a separate booking, she received the welcome home booklet and we didn't. However we booked a cruise for just us and the welcome home credit got automatically added to our booking. No quoting of the code needed.

After our cruise in August which was just us, we received the booklet. We have since booked 2 further cruises, one on our own and one with mother in law.

The one on our own we did online directly with their website and they automatically added the welcome home credit.

The one with mother in law was booked over the phone through a well known travel agent who give a little extra discount. When I said about the PE3 code the agent applied it to both cabins despite my mother in law not in my opinion intitled to it as she was not on the cruise where we received the offer from.

The credit is showing on our invoices but nowhere does it state how we got the obc. So maybe it's worth mentioning the promotional code if you've just returned from a cruise and making a new booking.

Ok - I am now back with my experience of on board booking and FCDs and OBC....

I bought my FCDs each costing £50 and was able to use them immediately on an on-board booking to pay the £50 pp deposit required for the booking.

I only received one lot of OBC.

I held a PE4 for extra OBC from a recent cruise and that was added in by the system without me needing to tell them about it.

Hope that helps clarify

A slight confusion to me was that they seem to refer to Future Cruise Deposits and Future Cruise Downpayments, so not quite sure of the difference here

Ok - I am now back with my experience of on board booking and FCDs and OBC....

I bought my FCDs each costing £50 and was able to use them immediately on an on-board booking to pay the £50 pp deposit required for the booking.

I only received one lot of OBC.

I held a PE4 for extra OBC from a recent cruise and that was added in by the system without me needing to tell them about it.

Hope that helps clarify

A slight confusion to me was that they seem to refer to Future Cruise Deposits and Future Cruise Downpayments, so not quite sure of the difference here

Which is what we assumed Scriv, but I still don't understand why you used that booking process, surely you would have received exactly the same benefits, and paid out the same amount as a deposit, if you had just made an on board booking.

I know John - I don't think there was any benefit at all of having done it like that and think I would have received all the same benefits without the whole rigmarole!!

The reason I did it was because I was booking for friends as well who were not on board and we were not quite ready so the plan was to get FCDs on board, come home, discuss and then firm up on what to book and when later this week or next.

None of us realised we could book the cruise on board for just £50 deposit. Only realised that once I had purchased the FCDs when I was told I could use it immediately - so we firmed up pretty fast and did so.

Edited by Scriv

None of us realised we could book the cruise on board for just £50 deposit. Only realised that once I had purchased the FCDs when I was told I could use it immediately - so we firmed up pretty fast and did so.

If it was a summer 2018 cruise, then they still have the 5% deposit offer until the end of November. If not then you did get a special deal.

Yes, it was for 2018 and we had been planning to take advantage of the 5% offer.

There was a flyer in the cabin for an exclusive £50 pp Deposit 'to secure your future cruise whilst on board' - but without reading this carefully, I thought it was the usual FCD offer that I had been intending to buy.

Then separately at the Loyalty Desk was a different flyer to make a Future Cruise Down Payment - the usual one if you weren't quite ready to book on board, but got the benefits as if you had booked on board.

This confused me. I thought they were one and the same until afterwards, back at the cabin.

But yes, the deal was amazing - plus the extra I got because it was a Captain's cruise and Discovery one as well so came with its own extra OBC.

Happy Bunny :)

Edited by Scriv