Do you share your photos with fellow cruisers?

pierces

Since I am seldom without a camera while on a cruise, tablemates and people we end up chatting with in the lounges sometimes ask if there's somewhere they can go to see my photos after the cruise. A few years ago, I got tired of writing out web or e-mail addresses on napkins and ordered "business" cards. I ended up choosing Moo.com because of a card I received from a fellow consultant that impressed me with its feel and design. Moo has several grades from standard (very nice) to "Luxe" (ridiculously nice) and all of them are impressive. One of the things that caught my attention is their standard feature that allows you to print a variety of images on the back of the card. You can choose any number of images to upload up to 50 different backs in a 50-pack of cards.

I only have a few left, so I ordered more yesterday. Since my last order, they have added a 2½" x 2½" format that caught my attention. I ordered a set of 50 with 10 different images and thought I would share my pleasure with the company and the quality of the cards with my friends here on the forum.

Since some of you are actual paid photographers and not hobbyists like myself, these cards could be a great introduction when handed to a potential client. Otherwise, they make a nice handout if you want to share your images with fellow cruisers.

https://www.moo.com/us/

Here's a quick look at the set that I just ordered:

p651283737-4.jpg

Dave

Edited by pierces

I use business cards to pass out to the new friends we make on our trips in our RV. I’ve never thought about passing the cards out when we meet folks on cruises or at resorts. It really is a quick and easy way to share contact information. I’ve never had anyone ask about the pictures I take though, perhaps it has to do with the meek camera equipment I use.

I've been using photo business cards to hand out for years - both on cruises and vacations, as well as in the wetlands areas when I'm out shooting as I often run into people who ask if I post my bird photos online - so I also was tired of writing down my website address and opted for cards. I haven't re-edited or changed it in many many years now, mostly because I'm too lazy! Maybe next time I re-order, I'll look at changing things. Here's a scan of my current photo card:

original.jpg

Edited by zackiedawg

medium.jpg

AOL...seriously? :) :)

zackiedawg.com is available and you could have your own domain and email extension for cheap.

(Just don't use it if you get elected to a public office... ;) )

Dave

I keep my AOL account around as it's a great way to separate e-mails from friends, family, business, and general purpose...I've had it since 1994, so hard to just kill it - but I generally use other e-mail accounts for other purposes. I know, other than junk mail, that the AOL account will have mostly stuff from photography boards and people I meet on cruises, in the wetlands, etc...and nothing else.

And you know, I sort of miss those early days - turning on the computer, and logging into AOL, then listening to that lovely series of beep-brap-buzz-blat noises as the modem dialed its way in. Such technology! ;)

I keep my AOL account around as it's a great way to separate e-mails from friends, family, business, and general purpose...I've had it since 1994, so hard to just kill it - but I generally use other e-mail accounts for other purposes. I know, other than junk mail, that the AOL account will have mostly stuff from photography boards and people I meet on cruises, in the wetlands, etc...and nothing else.

And you know, I sort of miss those early days - turning on the computer, and logging into AOL, then listening to that lovely series of beep-brap-buzz-blat noises as the modem dialed its way in. Such technology! ;)

Understand completely...

Still have the good ol' Hotmail account for the same reason.

But...zackiedawg.com? You have to do that! ;)

Dave