Getaway 11/20/16 itinerary change

sjh422

Does anyone know why NCL is making last minute itinerary changes? For our cruise, they are switching the days in Costa Maya and Cozumel. Several months ago, we made reservations for Maya Chan and luckily we have been notified that we still can be accommodated at that resort. Must be difficult for the resort when this happens.

I managed to book a cruise through cruise 1st.. with one itinerary. Then when I checked on the NCL website they didn't do that cruise on that date and I ended up doing a completely different cruise! Haha.

They really don't have to give any reason for a change, definitely one of the downsides of cruising. Often is just because the port is full...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I understand that this is happening a lot and I'm assuming the culprit is Costa Maya. I'm looking at one site now (cruisett -- which isn't always accurate), but even if you dock at Costa Maya a day later, there are still going to be two ships there.

I'm on the Getaway in February. I have nothing booked for Costa Maya, but I do in Cozumel. If something is going to change I'd prefer to have notification sooner rather than later.

I don't use a travel agent as I prefer to book with a personal cruise consultant at NCL.

I did assume you booked with a PCC, thus you received an email directly.

I should have prefaced my statement with, if you booked with a TA, the notices generally get sent to them.

I actually know the poster that I had quoted, so was more telling her to call her TA and ask about the email notice.

Got off the Getaway today. Our days were switched and I as well as others never received any notice, only found out when we got the daily and saw the changes that night. The captain was asked why at a Q & A and he explained that Costa Maya was overbooked and the dock position at the end is poor and if windy it would have had to be skipped. We were the only boat in Port in Costa Maya on Friday.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Although I received info on the change from my TA when I go on ncl.com it does not show the change. I'm not sure if only the ports/excursions change or do they change everything for the day (dining reservations, ship activities)?

Although I received info on the change from my TA when I go on ncl.com it does not show the change. I'm not sure if only the ports/excursions change or do they change everything for the day (dining reservations, ship activities)?

Just the port changes, not much on board changes.

NCL knows well in advance. We were notified by Mark of Maya Chan of the itinerary change during the 11/6 Getaway cruise. We called NCL, sent emails etc for over 3 weeks. Everytime we received the same response..No itinerary change. When we boarded on 11/6 we found out the change was happening, I called my NCL cruise consultant directly from the ship. They eventually added $100 on board to my account.

Got off the Getaway today. Our days were switched and I as well as others never received any notice, only found out when we got the daily and saw the changes that night. The captain was asked why at a Q & A and he explained that Costa Maya was overbooked and the dock position at the end is poor and if windy it would have had to be skipped. We were the only boat in Port in Costa Maya on Friday.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We were also on this sailing and disembarked yesterday. I just happened to be at the Shore Excursion desk and overheard them talking about the fact that the Costa Maya and Cozumel port days would be switched. I asked them why they didn't make an announcement since they knew ahead of time that this was happening and many passengers did not know. They said they would be making an announcement, but they never did. Thankfully, I was able to switch my plans in those ports. But I know some people who weren't able to because they were given absolutely no advance notice. Such a shame. It seems that it wouldn't have been to difficult to let people know about this with some sort of advance notice since they obviously knew about it. :rolleyes:

They have been swapping all season long with multiple ships are docking. I was on two sailings and both changed. Last week, they had the Oasis of the Seas and the Regal Princess on the same day that the Getaway was scheduled. 12,000 passengers and three large ships at once. NCL has to do a better job of notifying passengers in advance. I talked to Silas, cruise director and he called corp. and they have tentatively changed dates though out March. What is the worst, is I called my NCL rep, and she knew nothing about any changes.

Our itinerary was switched in May and we were not told until we checked in. They said it was to alleviate port congestion in one of the ports. I used the time waiting in the terminal to board to email the companies through which we had booked excursions and they were already aware of the switch and had us down for the appropriate day. I think they monitor ship schedules fairly closely since it is their bread and butter.

Just got word yesterday via email from NCL that our March 12th, 2017 sailing itinerary was changed.

3/15/17 - Harvest Caye 7am-3pm

3/16/17 - Cozumel 9am-6pm

3/17/17 - Costa Maya 8am-5pm

Previously:

3/15/17 - Harvest Caye 8am-5pm

3/16/17 - Costa Maya 8am-5pm

3/17/17 - Cozumel 8am-5pm

Just got word yesterday via email from NCL that our March 12th, 2017 sailing itinerary was changed.

3/15/17 - Harvest Caye 7am-3pm

3/16/17 - Cozumel 9am-6pm

3/17/17 - Costa Maya 8am-5pm

Previously:

3/15/17 - Harvest Caye 8am-5pm

3/16/17 - Costa Maya 8am-5pm

3/17/17 - Cozumel 8am-5pm

I have a feeling this is going to happen to us as well (we are on the 2/26 sailing). I wouldn't mind, except they are shortening the hours on Harvest Caye. We already booked a beach cabana and I will not be pleased that we will have less time to enjoy it. We'll deal with that if it happens, though.

To everyone, please keep posting if you receive changes. I'm keeping a list.