Ultimate Dining Pkg. How Limited is It?

disneydiane61

I've read many comments about how there is a limited number on each cruise for the Ultimate Dining Package. However, I have never read a comment from anyone who wanted to purchase the package but was denied the opportunity to purchase.

So my question is this.... Has anyone attempted to purchase the Ultimate Dining Package and been told they were sold out? If yes, then what time after boarding was it ?

It all depends on the demand for specialty dining on each individual cruise. They are not going to sell the package if they can make more by selling at full price. When the package was first introduced, there were often around 8 packages available of the cruises we were on.

Short cruises and "holiday" cruises are likely to have fewer, if any, packages available. Longer and port intensive cruises are likely to have more packages available.

Giving unlimited specialty dining to RS and above will have complicated the issue. It must be more difficult for the restaurants to estimate their demand in advance. On the other side, many who purchased the package in the past were in those suites.

Now, where did I put that piece of string ...

What Sue said above is all correct, but to answer your question, I have never heard of anyone being denied the package, although up to this point, I, personally, have not tried to buy it.

On my last cruise, I asked someone selling specialty reservations, that exact question. He told me that they were not at all limited.

In about three weeks I'll be sailing on Silhouette. I normally would have booked Aqua Class and used Blu, which I feel is as good as most specialty restaurants. But in this case, I booked a verandah and plan on purchasing the UDP. It's a little bit more expensive this way, but not that much. If I am refused availability, I'll post it here.

For the 3 day plan, are there any limits of when & where it can be used? Guess we'll check out our cruise planner for next cruise..

We always book AQ with BLU but ate elsewhere at least 4 nights out of 9 on our recent Inf cruise...one was pre planned at Tuscan, others impromptu after viewing evening menu .

..Sorry to say, but BLU was not up to snuff on service from maitre d down to asst servers......too few staff, language issues with asst servers; and chef 's menu selection had alot of game bird..hoping it was a one off but seems resources were diverted elsewhere.

a 3 night dining package would be a nice addition...esp if we could select Tuscan..we enjoyed the new menu...and could be happy there for a few nights...

What Sue said above is all correct, but to answer your question, I have never heard of anyone being denied the package, although up to this point, I, personally, have not tried to buy it.

On my last cruise, I asked someone selling specialty reservations, that exact question. He told me that they were not at all limited.

In about three weeks I'll be sailing on Silhouette. I normally would have booked Aqua Class and used Blu, which I feel is as good as most specialty restaurants. But in this case, I booked a verandah and plan on purchasing the UDP. It's a little bit more expensive this way, but not that much. If I am refused availability, I'll post it here.

Sorry, I forgot to add that we have been refused the UDP. We did a TA B2B with a short Caribbean on Constellation. We had the UDP for the TA but they refused to sell one for the short Caribbean.

I have had the ultimate pkg several times, the last one 2 years ago. At that time Celebrity told us they sold a limited amount but we were always in the first group to board and never had a problem.

It appears Celebrity has now changed their packages. In the past if there were 3 specialty restaurants on the ship you were sailing on and purchased the 3 restaurant package it would include one night in each of the restaurants onboard.

I am currently booked on an 11 night cruise and just recently Celebrity added the packages that can be purchased for my sailing. You can purchase a package from any number of days from 3 to the full 11 days which is totally new. It says the package can be used for either lunches or dinners, so I'm thinking with the new offerings they may have now done away with the ultimate package.

The information about the packages states you book the first night and Celebrity selects the first restaurant and then the remaining restaurants are booked onboard as in the past. I've searched the website but haven't found anything that says each package only includes certain restaurants, so it appears you could dine in Murano each night if you liked. If anyone had any additional information about the new packages I'd love to hear!

I just called Celebrity to ask about the new packages. They will be the same as the prior packages, you select the first night then book the remaining reservations onboard ,but each package will specify how many nights in each restaurant as in the past. The lady I talked to said they haven't been told the exact details about the new packages yet.

I asked if they Ultimate dining pkg is still available and was told it is. I should have asked how limited but didn't think to ask at the time. I'm sure as has been said it depends on certain criteria as was stated before.

Questions, call the Celebrity Enhancement Dept. at 800-722-5941.