Nightmare reservation issues

UAcruiser

I am booked on the Independence of the Seas for early December. I booked this cruise some time ago and everything was fine until after final payment. I booked the offered discounted beverage package and several days later received an email saying it had been cancelled because my reservation was cancelled. I called and they said it was an odd blip in the software that rarely happened and wouldn't happen again. I re-booked the beverage package. Several days later I received another email saying it had been cancelled due to the reservation being cancelled. I called and Royal decided to issue a new reservation number to avoid further issues. I re-booked the beverage package (now at full price because the sale was over and I was told they could not discount the new package beyond the date). I was offered a $50 pp onboard credit to make up the difference. I thought everything was resolved until I got my credit card bill and see all 3 beverage package charges. I am on my 3rd call to a supervisor level person and still don't have this issue resolved. The 1st supervisor, Mark, did not do what he said and escalate the call, so no call back. After 3 days I called again. The 2nd supervisor, David, told me to call back 5 days later after he had time to get the information...he was not there on the day I was told to call and the new person, Kyler, said David would have to help me. David has not called back. Any help on who to call next?

I know what you are feeling.....This happened on American Airlines. A computer blip messed up something. Ultimately, I sent the CEO and VP of customer relations an email asking them to assign a person to figure out their mistake and fix my issue.

2 days later, I had personal phone calls, and people working the issue. It took 2 hours of them working the issue to fix, but it was fixed.

Long story short, it seems no one wants to help you, or they give up, and instead of taking "charge" of the problem, they leave it for someone else. It's not the way to handle things, but it seems the norm.

My advice is send emails to the top, and get their attention.

I am booked on the Independence of the Seas for early December. I booked this cruise some time ago and everything was fine until after final payment. I booked the offered discounted beverage package and several days later received an email saying it had been cancelled because my reservation was cancelled. I called and they said it was an odd blip in the software that rarely happened and wouldn't happen again. I re-booked the beverage package. Several days later I received another email saying it had been cancelled due to the reservation being cancelled. I called and Royal decided to issue a new reservation number to avoid further issues. I re-booked the beverage package (now at full price because the sale was over and I was told they could not discount the new package beyond the date). I was offered a $50 pp onboard credit to make up the difference. I thought everything was resolved until I got my credit card bill and see all 3 beverage package charges. I am on my 3rd call to a supervisor level person and still don't have this issue resolved. The 1st supervisor, Mark, did not do what he said and escalate the call, so no call back. After 3 days I called again. The 2nd supervisor, David, told me to call back 5 days later after he had time to get the information...he was not there on the day I was told to call and the new person, Kyler, said David would have to help me. David has not called back. Any help on who to call next?

It has taken us up to 10 days to get credit back on incorrect charges to our cards. Good news, we got it all back.

I just spoke to Sadie in Crown and Anchor (I am Diamond) and was told I'd have to wait for David to call me back. She didn't know when that might happen. On a positive note: she was by far the nicest person I've talked to during this whole fiasco.

At this point I'll just dispute the charge on my credit card bill. I don't need any more stress from Royal Caribbean. I sure hope the cruise itself is not a continuation of what I've experienced so far.