Breakaway 11/6-11/13 Review

dvond

OP i'm leaving in a few weeks and have a few questions:

other than what you wrote, did you do/try anything else in nassau, looking for cheap ideas for 8 yr old twins

We've been to Nassau 2x with kids. Melia was awesome. Clean and not crowded and beautiful beach and many pools. Last time the port times worked out for Blue Lagoon and it was great there too. Our 11 year old son loved the inflatable park in the water. It costs a little extra, but it was worth it. We just did the beach pass at Blue Lagoon, no extra dolphin or sea lion stuff.

Sailed November 13th first time on BREAKAWAY and more likely the last, the ship is to big but yet to small:confused: what i mean is that its a big ship but area's are to small, pool area is way to small FOR THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE, has alot of lounge chairs but not everyone can sit on such a low seat, no tables and chairs around like on the GEM unless you want to sit in the smoking area, lobby area where some shows and music was held had enough seats for nobody! Seats in the theater felt like your back side was sitting on a 2x4, had a mini suite on deck 9 which had a great shower and bathroom but no closet space due to having shelves and the safe in there also.the staff and food were top notch but did have some issues with the service in dining rooms for breakfast and dinner since the wait staff has to work on so many tables at one time along with going to the bar for your drinks, NCL needs to hire more waiters for the amount of people :eek: UDP was well worth the price and food with service were great, shows were excellant, GETTING ON THE SHIP WAS FAST AND EASY BUT GETTING OFF IN NYC WAS A NIGHTMARE:mad: I love NCL and have put deposits down for two more cruises but never again on the BREAKAWAY, i will stick to the GEM:cool:

Edited by CSRAJ81
wrong words

Sailed November 13th first time on BREAKAWAY and more likely the last, the ship is to big but yet to small:confused: what i mean is that its a big ship but area's are to small, pool area is way to small FOR THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE, has alot of lounge chairs but not everyone can sit on such a low seat, no tables and chairs around like on the GEM unless you want to sit in the smoking area, lobby area where some shows and music was held had enough seats for nobody! Seats in the theater felt like your back side was sitting on a 2x4, had a mini suite on deck 9 which had a great shower and bathroom but no closet space due to having shelves and the safe in there also.the staff and food were top notch but did have some issues with the service in dining rooms for breakfast and dinner since the wait staff has to work on so many tables at one time along with going to the bar for your drinks, NCL needs to hire more waiters for the amount of people :eek: UDP was well worth the price and food with service were great, shows were excellant, GETTING ON THE SHIP WAS FAST AND EASY BUT GETTING OFF IN NYC WAS A NIGHTMARE:mad: I love NCL and have put deposits down for two more cruises but never again on the BREAKAWAY, i will stick to the GEM:cool:

You are lucky that you still have the GEM;)

If the waiter brings you a double, does the second shot show up on your cash account and not your drink package?

No never did, people in our group got multiple shots and drinks at a time

Some one asked my about the room long way, it seems to be longer and a little skinny but overall a good setup

We've been to Nassau 2x with kids. Melia was awesome. Clean and not crowded and beautiful beach and many pools. Last time the port times worked out for Blue Lagoon and it was great there too. Our 11 year old son loved the inflatable park in the water. It costs a little extra, but it was worth it. We just did the beach pass at Blue Lagoon, no extra dolphin or sea lion stuff.

We would have done this but not getting off the ship until after 1:30 did not think it was worth it for a family of 4