U.S. News and World Report: Best Cruise Lines 2017

conquesodor

I'm not sure if the CC guidelines allow me to put the link to the article in my post, but a simple google search will find it. In any case, I thought the Celebrity Cruises board would appreciate knowing how well Celebrity did in the rankings by U.S. News and World Report.

#1 Best Cruise Line for the Money

#2 Best Cruise Line for the Caribbean (#1 Disney)

#1 Best Cruise Line for the Mediterranean

#5 Best Cruise Lines for Couples (#1 through #4 were all "luxury" cruise lines)

In the category for Best Cruise Line for Families, Celebrity did not place. #1 was Disney, followed by RCI, and Carnival). I'm not terribly surprised here.

The final category was Best Luxury Cruise Line: #1 is Crystal, followed by Regent, and Oceania.

They also rank individual ships on a 5 point scale, with the score being a composite of expert reviews, traveller opinion, and health reports from the CDC. The best ranked ship in Celebrity's fleet is Reflection, with an overall score of 4.4, while the lowest rated ship was Summit at 4.1 overall. In my opinion, such a small difference from top ranked to lowest, says something about the overall quality and consistency of the fleet.

I'm not sure if the CC guidelines allow me to put the link to the article in my post, but a simple google search will find it. In any case, I thought the Celebrity Cruises board would appreciate knowing how well Celebrity did in the rankings by U.S. News and World Report.

#1 Best Cruise Line for the Money

#2 Best Cruise Line for the Caribbean (#1 Disney)

#1 Best Cruise Line for the Mediterranean

#5 Best Cruise Lines for Couples (#1 through #4 were all "luxury" cruise lines)

In the category for Best Cruise Line for Families, Celebrity did not place. #1 was Disney, followed by RCI, and Carnival). I'm not terribly surprised here.

The final category was Best Luxury Cruise Line: #1 is Crystal, followed by Regent, and Oceania.

They also rank individual ships on a 5 point scale, with the score being a composite of expert reviews, traveller opinion, and health reports from the CDC. The best ranked ship in Celebrity's fleet is Reflection, with an overall score of 4.4, while the lowest rated ship was Summit at 4.1 overall. In my opinion, such a small difference from top ranked to lowest, says something about the overall quality and consistency of the fleet.

Very interesting! thanks for sharing.

I agree for the Med...I can't stop taking Med cruises on Celebrity[emoji844] They are so wonderful..next up is the Reflection TA from Miami all around the Med. the Caribbean just can't compare, IMO...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Did see news about this posting of this link and the information. To the credit of U.S. News, they provided, if you would dig deeper, how they came up with their ratings/rankings. The Overall Rating comprises three elements:

Expert Rating (30 percent weight): Our editors assign each ship an Expert Rating between 1 and 5 based on the ship's level of luxury, with 5 being the highest score. This score represents our editors' analysis of a ship's atmosphere, facilities, activities, cabins, cuisine and service.

Traveler Rating (50 percent weight): A ship's traveler rating is provided under license by Cruiseline dot com. Reviewers assign a rating between 1 and 5 based on their level of satisfaction with their cruise experience.

Health Rating (20 percent weight): A ship's health rating is based on sanitation inspection scores published by the Vessel Sanitation Program (VSP) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

See more details for how this survey was done at: http://travel.usnews.com/Methodology/

For many different cruise lines, they provide more details reports and did a good job providing the various pro/con factors associated with each cruise line.

For our purposes, these ranking are kind of, somewhat, of interest, maybe!! BUT, our highest/most important priorities are more about where we want to explore/go, combined with which line offers a decent value/pricing to fit our needs/interests. We have used and super enjoyed the Celebrity for both a Med and Australia-NZ cruise. BUT, we have sampled three other cruise lines (Silversea, Crystal and Seabourn) as their offerings better fit our needs and priorities in the areas of most interest for us. Celebrity does not travel in some areas such as South Africa and the Amazon River as we had desired and did with other companies.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 160,834 views for this posting.