Azura deluxe cabin

soobs

Hello everyone

What additional benefits do we get with a deluxe cabin? we have just booked on the 9.12.16 Azura Caribbean cruise for 14 nights, it's looking like we will be the only ones getting off on the 23rd as everyone else appears to be staying on for the 28 nighter.

You get a bottle of champagne, some chocolates, a small single flower and some unidentifiable canapés on a some of the black tie nights.

You also get a decent selection of up to date magazines, a fruit bowl, a good sized bath, a massive sofa and two TVs.

I felt the extra space was valuable for a longer cruise.

I preferred it to a regular balcony cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In a Mini suite you get canapes every evening, not just on black tie nights. Some of the canapes are really lovely, a few are not so good, like when it's a rosette of cream cheese on a cracker with a piece of olive on top - but then I can't eat cheese and I don't like olives so that's my fault. We liked having a pre-dinner drink each evening while getting ready for dinner and sampling the canapes.

Hi Soobs

Last time we had a deluxe balcony we had as aforesaid and in addition two rather nice towelling bathrobes and fluffy slippers a small pair of binoculars.

We quite like the de luxe balcony particularly when it is an unexpected upgrade.

Do enjoy and have a great cruise, we board Azura on 21/01/17.

Thank you for the info. one flower is the same as all other cabin we have been in, I hope we have the bathrobes that would be nice, so would the binoculars as our's are a bit weak, I never say no to champagne, OH is a chocoholic so in all it's looking good, especially as it was only £20 pp more than a regular balcony.

We have cruised the Caribbean many times starting in an inside cabin until we upgraded to a balcony and then there is no going back, been on Ventura Azura and Britannia not a fan of Brittania.

Cannot wait.

We had a deluxe on Ventura and yes, we had bathrobes and slippers and choccies and a bottle of champagne....... and an orchid in a bowl :)

Sounds good to me - we usually pay for an extra package of champagne, chocolates and flowers in a standard balcony but the flowers were not good this year and, unusually, they were drooping within days :-(

I am still a bit unsure about all of our sea days so am hoping that a nice cabin and large balcony near the sea will be just what I need :)

In a Mini suite you get canapes every evening, not just on black tie nights. Some of the canapes are really lovely, a few are not so good, like when it's a rosette of cream cheese on a cracker with a piece of olive on top - but then I can't eat cheese and I don't like olives so that's my fault. We liked having a pre-dinner drink each evening while getting ready for dinner and sampling the canapes.

We must have got short changed by 13 plates then! They only appeared twice during the 15 nights last week [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They get the same benefits, as mentioned above, as a mini-suite on other ships. They class 'Deluxe Balcony Cabins' on Azura and Ventura the same as mini-suites. They're very nice, we've had a few on Azura.

Paying attention to the detail, which is not like me at all..:D, I would just clarify that the cabins we are talking about on Ventura and Azura are called "Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabins" ......not to be confused with " Deluxe Balcony cabins" on Arcadia, Oriana and Aurora. I would hate anyone reading this thread who is a "new" cruiser and who has booked a deluxe cabin on the last 3 ships mentioned to now be expecting bathrobes, canapes etc in their cabin...which they won't get....

Paying attention to the detail, which is not like me at all..:D, I would just clarify that the cabins we are talking about on Ventura and Azura are called "Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabins" ......not to be confused with " Deluxe Balcony cabins" on Arcadia, Oriana and Aurora. I would hate anyone reading this thread who is a "new" cruiser and who has booked a deluxe cabin on the last 3 ships mentioned to now be expecting bathrobes, canapes etc in their cabin...which they won't get....

You are of course correct, they are referred to as 'Superior Deluxe '. My apologies. My husband would say it wasn't like me to get things wrong either. :)

We had one of these cabins on our transatlantic in March, the cabin was great having booked a standard balcony and getting upgraded. We had more room than we needed, the champagne was OK the canapes went in the bin, we were not impressed at all. As a larger guy 6"2 and rotund, I found the robe tied at my chest rather than my middle, and upon asking was told they are all one size. Having the bath with shower over was great.

I think you will find it hard not to enjoy the cabin.

Sorry, my mistake. We have a superior deluxe cabin D116 I think --- one of those that have no shade and are easily lover looked but have a seating area and 2 tvs. (If this means anything) :-)

We had one of these cabins on our transatlantic in March, the cabin was great having booked a standard balcony and getting upgraded. We had more room than we needed, the champagne was OK the canapes went in the bin, we were not impressed at all. As a larger guy 6"2 and rotund, I found the robe tied at my chest rather than my middle, and upon asking was told they are all one size. Having the bath with shower over was great.

I think you will find it hard not to enjoy the cabin.

As a 5ft nothing female I have the other problem --- look like Dopey from the Seven Dwarfs, but is just part of ...... having short legs ;-)