New Years Eve cruise??

denny514

It's one big party on board. There is usually a balloon drop in the atrium, and a countdown on the top/open deck with free champagne. Although the cost is more expensive for NYE week because it's around the holidays and schools are closed, it's always worth the extra cost to me since I would being spending x.xx on NYE back home anyway.

Did one on the Breeze a couple of years back and LOVED it. Kind of like Times Square in the Caribbean. Doing the Pride again this year. You will not be disappointed.

I hope it is nothing like Times Square.

My wife and I did Times Square many years ago. It was horrible! You had to be lined up by 6pm if you wanted to be close enough to see the ball drop. That year it was 26 degrees. Once in the corral you can not leave and return so no trips to the bathroom. You are packed in as full as possible. Enough people gave up and left that the police moved the corrals forward as the night went on. We ended up three blocks closer. As soon as the ball dropped everyone went home. We all walked away like Frankenstein because we were both frozen and had been unable to move for hours. 50% of the people dropped their pants and peed against the nearest wall.

When we got back to the hotel I started shivering. I had finally warmed up enough to shiver. My wife laughed but about an hour later she started shivering and shaking as well.

Everyone we talked to was there for the first time. It appears no one ever goes twice.

I hope a NYE cruise is nothing like what we experienced.

Edited by Kevin

I hope it is nothing like Times Square.

My wife and I did Times Square many years ago. It was horrible! You had to be lined up by 6pm if you wanted to be close enough to see the ball drop. That year it was 26 degrees. Once in the corral you can not leave and return so no trips to the bathroom. You are packed in as full as possible. Enough people gave up and left that the police moved the corrals forward as the night went on. We ended up three blocks closer. As soon as the ball dropped everyone went home. We all walked away like Frankenstein because we were both frozen and had been unable to move for hours. 50% of the people dropped their pants and peed against the nearest wall.

When we got back to the hotel I started shivering. I had finally warmed up enough to shiver. My wife laughed but about an hour later she started shivering and shaking as well.

Everyone we talked to was there for the first time. It appears no one ever goes twice.

I hope a NYE cruise is nothing like what we experienced.

um, ok, What I really meant was the excitement of the people gathered together to celebrate it. Also, I am pretty sure I said Time Square in the Caribbean, which might preclude the 26 degree part.... Bathrooms should not be issue either.....:eek: We are going twice to a cruise ship celebration....;)

I agree that a NYE cruise should be a blast. :)

Just go ahead and scratch NYE in Times Square off your bucket list unless you are actually in Times Square and not lined up down Broadway or whatever street we were on, those in Times Square get bathrooms. Maybe with global warming it will be 76 degrees and comfortable this year.

we will be doing our 3rd NYE cruise this year. The Lido deck will be crowded as midnite nears and people get out to see the ball drop and celebrate. We prefer the upper decks t o have a better view and to have some room. At the conquest there was a duet that did an awesome job getting the celebration going, then the dj took over. They will close most areas since evryone is at the Lido deck so there is more crew to give outchampagne and for most of them to actually celebrate.

They will give out party favors and noise makers in the dining room and out on Lido deck. You'll have a great time!

I'll be on the Magic for NYE next year....it's on my bucket list. Do they have Times Square countdown on the outdoor screen? You would recommend being on the pool deck over the balloon drop in atrium??

Yes, they have the NY Times Square countdown on the outdoor screen. We like the pool deck better. They do the Atrium balloon drop earlier not at midnite.