MSC Divina with a 1 year old

ggooglyboogly

Good morning everyone,

I'm looking at booking the MSC Divina in early March, the pricing is fantastic, however, I was wondering if anyone has brought a 1 year old, or somewhere near that onboard, and if they have some sort of room / activity program for them.

We did the NCL Getaway not long after he turned 6 months and he loved the guppies room and program on board.

The pricing seems too good to be true, the only oddity is that when my mom tries to book a solo room they show as sold out, so we're just going to book two adults in one room, and one adult and infant in the other and just switch on board.

Here's your baby info. They had 1 hour of childcare available in the morning and 1 hour in the evening. That's all you get. Basically enough to go for a quick suntan or a fast buffet dinner. Good news is there is no extra charge, like on Royal Caribbean.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Information/Family.aspx

Edited by tencruises
added link

Here's your baby info. They had 1 hour of childcare available in the morning and 1 hour in the evening. That's all you get. Basically enough to go for a quick suntan or a fast buffet dinner. Good news is there is no extra charge, like on Royal Caribbean.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Information/Family.aspx

Only when ship is in sea.

Good morning everyone,

I'm looking at booking the MSC Divina in early March, the pricing is fantastic, however, I was wondering if anyone has brought a 1 year old, or somewhere near that onboard, and if they have some sort of room / activity program for them.

We did the NCL Getaway not long after he turned 6 months and he loved the guppies room and program on board.

The pricing seems too good to be true, the only oddity is that when my mom tries to book a solo room they show as sold out, so we're just going to book two adults in one room, and one adult and infant in the other and just switch on board.

MSC seems to be limiting solo cruisers bookings - here is a thread about it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2421979

That is probably why your Mom can't book. Just make sure you book a quad cabin for yourself as cabins for only two have less space and wil be crowded with a crib/PnP. EM

Good morning everyone,

My DD cruised first time when she was 1 year old. Here is some of my points.

1.Even if you can drop your kid for 1 hour in kids club dose not mean she /he will want to stay there.:p Don't count on it too much.

2.Kids in diapers are not allowed to use a pool or hot tub.

3.Be ready to eat in buffet during cruise. Dinner in DR takes too long and one year old has no patience for this .

4. Seat in very back in theater and be ready to leave any minute :o

5.Book cabin with balcony if you can.

6.Consider to book resort vacation :o It's much more easier with one year old child.

• 1 month later...
My DD cruised first time when she was 1 year old. Here is some of my points.

1.Even if you can drop your kid for 1 hour in kids club dose not mean she /he will want to stay there.:p Don't count on it too much.

2.Kids in diapers are not allowed to use a pool or hot tub.

3.Be ready to eat in buffet during cruise. Dinner in DR takes too long and one year old has no patience for this .

4. Seat in very back in theater and be ready to leave any minute :o

5.Book cabin with balcony if you can.

6.Consider to book resort vacation :o It's much more easier with one year old child.

Are they allowed in the shallow water area around the pool, just to get their feet wet?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Is this true about the pools on all the cruise ships? my little boy will be just gone 2 when we go on our cruise and still will be in diapers but i would have the appropriate swimwear?

Not allowed. Health violation. Appropriate swimwear doesn't matter. It only takes 1 leaky diaper to cause the pool to be shut down for the day.

Good morning everyone,

Price lured me to Divina too but like they say, "Cheap is dear."

Edited by cruise pup

Are they allowed in the shallow water area around the pool, just to get their feet wet?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Definite no. I've changed my share of diapers and every parent knows leaks of all colours and smells from every orifice happen regularly.

On another thread I read where a parent brought a small inflatable bath for washing their baby in their cabin shower. They also used it poolside as a splash pool. I'm not sure where you could safely dump it when finished though.

Poop or vomit in the pool means it is drained, cleaned and re-filled. They don't always enforce every rule on a cruise ship, but this one is.