Obc

boris107

Wondering how we can get credit for excursions booked prior to the cruise. I read somewhere that HAL will convert the monies for these excursions to your HAL account so that you get credit for cruise days. Does any one know if this is true & how to go about it. We are on the Oosterdam on Mar 10/17 in a Neptune suite.

There is no conversion per se. Any items purchased online, or through Ship Services, prior to the cruise count towards your cruise day credits. For every $300 spent, you will receive one cruise day credit.

Since you are in a suite, you should get one credit for each day of the cruise, another credit for being in a suite, and then the spend credits. So, a 7 day cruise could garner you a maximum of 21 cruise day credits, if you and the other guest(s) in the cabin spend more than $2100. The important thing to note is that the "spend" credits do not exceed the number of days of the cruise. So, if you were to spend $5,000, you would still only get 7 "spend" credits. Both Guest 1 and Guest 2 in the same cabin will receive the equal amount of credits; in my example above, each one would get 21 credits. The third and fourth guests in the cabin (if any) do not receive the cruise day credits (from what I've read here on CC).

There is nothing that you need to do. After the cruise, HAL will automatically calculate the cruise day credits and post them to your Mariner account.

By the way, this has nothing to do with OBC. This is purely for the Mariner loyalty levels which will enable you to receive perks as you move up the levels.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Alberta Quilter pretty much covered the whole issue.

Remember not to confuse On Board Credit (OBC) with Mariner points, they are two different things.

And remember you won't see the Mariner points added until the cruise is over, so they won't affect your status until your next cruise.

... if you and the other guest(s) in the cabin spend more than $2100. The important thing to note is that the "spend" credits do not exceed the number of days of the cruise. So, if you were to spend $5,000, you would still only get 7 "spend" credits.
Does the pre-booking amount count toward that $300/day limit? Say on a 7 day cruise I pre-book $600 in excursions and reservations, for 2 day-credits. Can I then earn another 7 credits by spending $2100 more on board, or is that cap reduced to $1500, for 5 more credits? Edited by catl331

Does the pre-booking amount count toward that $300/day limit? Say on a 7 day cruise I pre-book $600 in excursions and reservations, for 2 day-credits. Can I then earn another 7 credits by spending $2100 more on board, or is that cap reduced to $1500, for 5 more credits?

The cap is limited to the number of days, regardless of when you book.