Photo Package Worth It?

ScottC4746

Our 7 night cruise is only about 15 days away and we are long overdue for photos. It looks like for $349 we get all our photos on DVD plus photos (hard copy photos). Is that worth it or cheaper to get on board. We were wanting every photo taken of us.

The best way to get value out of your photo package is get as many pictures taken as possible. If you are getting posed photos, like at dinner or something, might as well ask them to take some extras to ensure you get good ones.

It's not normally cheaper on board, but each ship has their own specials. Worst case if you pre-pay and if it's cheaper later, get them to cancel and repurchase the package.

It really depends on how good the shots turn out. And if taken in multiple events. Since you are fond of pictures, it may be worth it, especially if you can have friends with you in the picture and giving them hard copies that they like.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We made it worthwhile. We went crazy with the pictures when we had the package. We got so many done it was over an inch thick of prints! :eek:

My daughter had so many ridiculous poses and I let her cut them up and make a collage.

We got pictures with all the characters and all the ports (which we've never had before).

We didn't need to do anything thinking about which prints we wanted, as we got them all. It made it stress free. We choose at home which ones would be framed. My parents and in-laws go to pick their favourite family portrait and pictures of my daughter and keep the prints.

We used the CD to make a scrapbook.

If you compare how much it would cost to do a family photo shoot with a professional photographer, get the CD and some prints, the price is vary comparable, plus you will have WAY more photos taken.

Our experience in early Oct was the package was $50 more onboard and that was only for the first three days then it was $80 more after that. We did have a discount on our cruise before and not all cruises do. If you know you are going to buy it I would do it before but if you are hesitant I would wait. We tried to make the most of ours and ended up with 80-100 shot most were really good but we really had to make an effort to get our pictures taken a lot. I don't think we would do it again unless we had our kids with us.