Oasis balcony comparison

Mgully78

I'm thinking of booking a cruise on the Oasis. This would be the first time I've sailed on this class of ship. I always book a balcony when I cruise because I like having that private space I can go out to and relax. The ocean view balcony on the cruise I'm looking at is at least $500 more than the Central Park or boardwalk balconies. Would I be happy booking one of those balconies? The price between those are pretty much the same. Which neighborhood would be better to stay in? Thanks for your help.

I'm thinking of booking a cruise on the Oasis. This would be the first time I've sailed on this class of ship. I always book a balcony when I cruise because I like having that private space I can go out to and relax. The ocean view balcony on the cruise I'm looking at is at least $500 more than the Central Park or boardwalk balconies. Would I be happy booking one of those balconies? The price between those are pretty much the same. Which neighborhood would be better to stay in? Thanks for your help.

This was a photo from our CP balcony a few months ago on Allure:

31089174665_0127c55509_c.jpg

We loved it - it was very quiet and peaceful and in the evenings you can hear the instrumental music coming up from down below by the restaurants.

Also with the room we had, it was easy to tell how busy the Park Cafe was before we went down. :)

I have heard Boardwalk balconies can be noisier but the tradeoff with people is the opportunity to see the ocean and also potentially get a standing view of the aqua shows from your balcony.

There are also the CP & BW balcony perks offered now and because of those, we are planning to try a BW balcony next time.

If you are interested, here is a link to that thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2307353

If privacy is what you're looking for, the neighborhood balconies do not offer it.

I think they're very nice. I love the Central Park and Boardwalk areas. But they don't really compare with the ocean, in my opinion. One of the complaints I heard about this class of ship was the lack of areas where you can see the ocean, which is not a problem if you have your own view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love the CP balcony , i rather see people then the ocean.

We did Boardwalk Balcony one time. I liked it, but I will likely not book one again. I love the serenity and privacy of an ocean balcony. However if price is a concern, I wouldn't hesitate to book Boardwalk again. For me, I enjoyed watching the people and still been able to see a bit of the ocean. I think I'd find CP Balcony too "closed in." It's really dependent on what you enjoy and price. It might not be worth $500 for an ocean view to you.