LIVE - 11/19/16 - Harmony of the Seas - Western

csfedyshyn

We did Escape the Rubicon this morning... we ended up with a great group - escaped with almost 8 minutes left. We were told nobody escaped the day before and it has been a 25% success rate overall . It was a lot of fun for those that may be considering it. Definitely a complex and sophisticated room, compared to what we did In our hometown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's the food been in MDR? We just got off Anthem and we very disappointed in the formal dining room. We ate in the Coastal Kitchen every other night but we will not have a suite on Harmony in January. I prebooked a three night dining package and hope to get to Wonderland, 150 Central and something else. Have you tried any other specialty restaurants?

Edited by jpuglvr

We did Escape the Rubicon this morning... we ended up with a great group - escaped with almost 8 minutes left. We were told nobody escaped the day before and it has been a 25% success rate overall . It was a lot of fun for those that may be considering it. Definitely a complex and sophisticated room, compared to what we did In our hometown.

Glad to hear it was fun and challenging. We never got around to doing it. At 8.99/ pp (right?) that's a pretty nominal charge too. Will have to try it next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any chance you will be posting the menus for the week in the main dinning room?

I will. I just haven't been everyday. I can post them all before the last day. They are on the tv for the entire week.

Internet was out fora while and just got it back up and running, just in time to run payroll.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That would be of great help, Thank you very much in advance.... We will be on this same Western Itinerary on Dec 3rd and want to book 1 maybe 2 specialty Restaurants for other days other than the 2 Formal dinners in the MDR and saw some menus from the eastern itinerary that we would rather miss for other venues, But cant' figure out which days those would be on.

That would be of great help, Thank you very much in advance.... We will be on this same Western Itinerary on Dec 3rd and want to book 1 maybe 2 specialty Restaurants for other days other than the 2 Formal dinners in the MDR and saw some menus from the eastern itinerary that we would rather miss for other venues, But cant' figure out which days those would be on.

I would schedule your meals around the shows too. Grease, The Fine Line, and 1887 were all showing early in the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would schedule your meals around the shows too. Grease, The Fine Line, and 1887 were all showing early in the cruise.

Thanks, But we already have the shows booked around our early seating time of 6 and would do the same for any Specialty dining which is why I'm wanting to know the menus for the MDR as we and others want to book at least one specialty dinner based on the menus.

Glad to hear it was fun and challenging. We never got around to doing it. At 8.99/ pp (right?) that's a pretty nominal charge too. Will have to try it next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, 8.99 per person. I think last week was the first week they started charging... likely to avoid no shows.

Thanks, But we already have the shows booked around our early seating time of 6 and would do the same for any Specialty dining which is why I'm wanting to know the menus for the MDR as we and others want to book at least one specialty dinner based on the menus.

Good luck getting specialty dining. It's been full and hard to get a reservation. The dining rooms say its due to the royal iq app and people book them and don't show.

Good luck getting specialty dining. It's been full and hard to get a reservation. The dining rooms say its due to the royal iq app and people book them and don't show.

My wife told me that people on Facebook were reporting that the restaurants were getting all booked up weeks before we cruised. She was on me to make reservations before we got on board, but I figured that the concierge could fix us up once we got on board, but Raj had a hard time too. We did manage to get into Wonderland on Friday and 150 Central Park for Thanksgiving, but had to be very flexible with times. We also got into Sabor last night for dinner.

I think if they have people booking specialty restaurants via Royal IQ app, they should start charging them if they don't show up. That is just unacceptable. If you book before you board, they charge you up front. It should be the same with the app.

My wife told me that people on Facebook were reporting that the restaurants were getting all booked up weeks before we cruised. She was on me to make reservations before we got on board, but I figured that the concierge could fix us up once we got on board, but Raj had a hard time too. We did manage to get into Wonderland on Friday and 150 Central Park for Thanksgiving, but had to be very flexible with times. We also got into Sabor last night for dinner.

I think if they have people booking specialty restaurants via Royal IQ app, they should start charging them if they don't show up. That is just unacceptable. If you book before you board, they charge you up front. It should be the same with the app.

I agree you should be charged for not showing. People make their reservations in hast. This was never an issue prior to royal IQ. I've also noticed that unlike allure and oasis they haven't advertised the 3, 4 or 5 night packages onboard. Someone I spoke to in the elevator said they prebooked the package prior to boarding and booked day 1 as allowed online and then got onboard and had to cancel the package due to lack of availability. We were able to get 150 last night 1 hour before, and begged the lady at wonderland in person to add us to our friends reservation since it's his 40th birthday Friday.

I agree you should be charged for not showing. People make their reservations in hast. This was never an issue prior to royal IQ. I've also noticed that unlike allure and oasis they haven't advertised the 3, 4 or 5 night packages onboard. Someone I spoke to in the elevator said they prebooked the package prior to boarding and booked day 1 as allowed online and then got onboard and had to cancel the package due to lack of availability. We were able to get 150 last night 1 hour before, and begged the lady at wonderland in person to add us to our friends reservation since it's his 40th birthday Friday.

Yes. We noticed the same thing - we were planning to buy the 4 night package and could not find anyone selling them. I guess they were so booked up, they did not need to offer any deals. I am glad you managed to get into a few places.

Hey! If we can't pre-book for a Specialty Restaurant of our choice and time because others just don't show up then it's RCCL's loss no sweat off my back and won't ruin our Cruise.... Matter of fact we will save money because of the no shows that I think are rude in doing so.... They should at least have the common courtesy to cancel.....

Edited by jagmanss1

Don't know whether to get the internet package.

Only know Windows 10, and nothing about Apple.

Do you think I might have a problem using Apple.

Thanks

If you get Internet package, you can use it with your smartphone or tablet; you do not have to use the computers onboard. However, if you are just checking email or Facebook, you just need to open the browser and use it like you would on Windows 10.

Thanks so much for doing these updates throughout your week. I've been following your daily kids planners and the last one you posted was of day 3. Do you intend to post the remainder of the week? I'd appreciate it if you would, as I'll be taking my grand daughter next May and would love to see them all. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise