Future Cruise Credit exceeds cost of next cruise, what happens?

KenP

I have a Future Cruise Credit (not future cruise deposit) from a canceled cruise. (platinum insurance, cancel for any reason).

The future cruise credit amount exceeds the fare of next planned cruise.

The excess is like 75 USD. What happens with the excess? Can it roll over to an onboard credit? Does the excess remain as a credit for a different future cruise? Is the credit just lost?

Thanks.

I have a Future Cruise Credit (not future cruise deposit) from a canceled cruise. (platinum insurance, cancel for any reason).

The excess is like 75 USD. What happens with the excess? Can it roll over to an onboard credit? Does the excess remain as a credit for a different future cruise? Is the credit just lost?

Thanks.

The credit remains in your "bank" at Princess for use at a later time. You might be able to get customer relations to add the remaining as OBC. Do be aware that most credits have an expiration date.

The credit remains in your "bank" at Princess for use at a later time. You might be able to get customer relations to add the remaining as OBC. Do be aware that most credits have an expiration date.

Are you sure about that. On the last one I had to apply it all to one cruise, could not be split, and was use or lose. If the new cruise was cheaper the difference was lost.

Edited by RDC1

Thanks.

Call princess and ask them. That has a better chance of getting you the correct answer than asking here, I'll bet. ;) But if you do, I would suggest writing down the name of the person you spoke to along with the date & time of the conversation and what was asked and answered "just in case" something different occurs on the cruise itself!

Tom

Pretty sure, unless the policy changed. We had booked one of the "get your cruise fare back as an OBC" promotions a few years ago on a West Coast cruise. We used the FCC on another cruise which paid for the cruise in it's entirety. We were able to refare the cruise later and the price dropped and something like $30 went back into our "bank" which we used on another cruise.

Pretty sure, unless the policy changed. We had booked one of the "get your cruise fare back as an OBC" promotions a few years ago on a West Coast cruise. We used the FCC on another cruise which paid for the cruise in it's entirety. We were able to refare the cruise later and the price dropped and something like $30 went back into our "bank" which we used on another cruise.

This is not the same as credit for a canceled cruise.

We were issued a credit last year (for a cruise which did not go as well as Princess had expected). The paperwork said the credit was to be used for one future cruise booking within a set time period. We were not allowed to apply it to any of our already-booked cruises, it had to be a new booking. IIRC, the credit could only be used towards the fare portion, not taxes/fees.

Edited by cherylandtk