When is stage show for, Before or after dinner?

gigi1313

We are currently scheduled for main dining (6pm?) and don't want to book excursions if it means we will miss the shows.

On MSC's non-lirica Class ships the shows are:-

after dinner for 1st sitting, and

before dinner for 2nd sitting.

On Lirica Class ships (Lirica, Opera, Sinfonia, Armonia) there are 3 show times and seats must be booked before you can go to them.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

On Lifica Class ships (Lirica, Opera, Sinfonia, Armonia) there are 3 show times and seats must be booked before you can go to them.

Pete

Didn't know that Pete.

Presume this is as a result of the stretching programme with more cabins but still the same size of theatre.

Does one of the 3 shows happen to be after 2nd dinner by any chance?

Didn't know that Pete.

Presume this is as a result of the stretching programme with more cabins but still the same size of theatre.

THis is a cut and paste from the link given

Please note that for MSC Lirica, MSC Opera, MSC Sinfonia, MSC Armonia access to the theatre for the evening shows is by booking only (not needed for the other ships).

There are three quick and easy ways to book: connect to the free onboard wi-fi network with your smartphone or tablet, use the touch screens on different decks of the ship, or ask at the Reception.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Cruise-Information/On-Board/Entertainment-Leisure/Theatre-Show.aspx

I can't find a reference to three nightly shows at the moment but I'll keep looking

pete

Edited by Skier52

You didn't indicate which ship you were interested in, so I can only answer for the Divina. Divina mealtimes were 6 pm and 8:30pm, and show times were 7:15pm and 9:15 pm.

Yes, Divina. Sorry for omitting that in my OP.

I'm surprised they only allot 1.25 hours for dinner... my understanding was that dinner was at a slower pace, more European, with five courses (app, soup/salad, pasta, entrée, dessert), so that small window of time really caught me off-guard. Did you feel rushed?

Is there anything stopping an early diner from going to the 9:15 show instead of the 7:15?

I'm surprised they only allot 1.25 hours for dinner... my understanding was that dinner was at a slower pace, more European, with five courses (app, soup/salad, pasta, entrée, dessert), so that small window of time really caught me off-guard. Did you feel rushed?

Is there anything stopping an early diner from going to the 9:15 show instead of the 7:15?

The early diner will go to the late show (eat first- show second). The late dinner should attend the first show (show first-eat second). As you suggested, 1.5 hours is not enough time for diner in the restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The early diner will go to the late show (eat first- show second). The late dinner should attend the first show (show first-eat second). As you suggested, 1.5 hours is not enough time for diner in the restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh, thank you, that makes more sense! I can be a little easily confused at times (LOL).

So, 6pm dinner will have 9:15pm show... perfect! Thanks again!

Didn't know that Pete.

Hi Mairi. It's as Pete says. On the Opera in May we could "book" the shows several days at a time. The hours for the three differed a bit depending on the specific show. We had My Choice dining however, sitting down generally at about 20.00. As I recall one of the shows was timed perfectly to allow for a drink or coffee between the restaurant and the theatre.

If you have dinner at 6pm your show is at 9:15 .

What excursions you want to book at this time? All excursions is in the morning and ship is at sea usually during this time.

I was unsure what time the shows were, and if we do a beach excursion getting back to the boat at 4 or 5pm (depending on all aboard time) and would need time to shower/dress/etc, would be cutting it close if the show was before our 6pm dinner... but that's all been cleared up for me, so no worries :)