Koningsdam large inside cabins

I've poured over the Koningsdam inside cabins on the deck plans, and can't find any (other than the accessible cabins) that I would term "large"; there is only small and smaller. When I booked an inside (later canceled) I did book one of the accessible cabins, which I have never had to do on any of the other classes of ships.

I have determined that if I ever book that ship again, and don't otherwise need an accessible cabin, I will need to book at a minimum a balcony cabin to have sufficient room.

Ruth have you called Holland and asked about different types of inside cabins sizes?

No' date=' as there was no need.

When I booked the Koningsdam I spoke with an experienced Future Cruise Consultant on board. He reviewed all the cabins with me.

I was looking for a non-accessible cabin that was large enough to hold a scooter. With the exception of the Prinsendam, I have been able to select such a cabin on every other ship; many ships had several from which to select. There was nothing on the Koningsdam, so I booked an accessible cabin.

I later canceled that cruise, so did not have the opportunity to scoot around peeking in to cabins being cleaned. ;)

But from everything I have read, pictures I have looked at, and chats with people who have sailed the ship, this ship does not have any of the extra generous inside cabins that the other classes of ships have. :( Not only do the inside cabins on this ship not have so much as a love seat (normal on other ships), they don't even have a chair to sit on! And there's no room to put one, either.[/color']

We did see a larger inside (it was quite large) on our cabin crawl. I think it was number 1111.

My dear dad has a standard inside and it was SMALL. No way would a scooter or even a wheelchair fit.

In fact, our VC verandah would not have fit a scooter - Not a chance!

Don't believe all the marketing - in general cabins on the K are significantly smaller. We will not sail her again (but not because of the cabins).

We did see a larger inside (it was quite large) on our cabin crawl. I think it was number 1111.

Was there a love seat in that cabin? Or a chair? The virtual tour doesn't show either, but those can be generic, and not specific to (or representative of) a given cabin

Was there a love seat in that cabin? Or a chair? The virtual tour doesn't show either, but those can be generic, and not specific to (or representative of) a given cabin

No love seat or chair. The occupants had a chair brought to them which fit nicely aside the desk (no chair at desk, just a ottoman seat). When you walk in that cabin there is a large "ish" left of the door where a walker was stored with still enough room to open the bathroom door. Still too small of an area for a scooter though. Too bad you had to cancel, I've been on the boards for a few years and always enjoy your perspective of things and it would have been nice to meet you!

Edited by ellbelle

No love seat or chair. The occupants had a chair brought to them which fit nicely aside the desk (no chair at desk, just a ottoman seat). When you walk in that cabin there is a large "ish" left of the door where a walker was stored with still enough room to open the bathroom door. Still too small of an area for a scooter though. Too bad you had to cancel, I've been on the boards for a few years and always enjoy your perspective of things and it would have been nice to meet you!

Thank you for the information on the cabin. I was pretty sure it didn't have the basics, but I appreciate the confirmation.

I also appreciate the kind words. Thank you.