Is there any internet specials once onboard (allure?)

Hello-

Looking forward to my first RCCL cruise this coming weekend! I have never sailed on this line, but have sailed on other lines.

I do not NEED internet (does anyone?:p) but I like to be able to check emails 2-3x a cruise. I went to book the internet tonight and saw it was 30% off, but still not cheap enough for me to pull the trigger. Do they have an onboard deals? For example, other lines have had specials the last few days of the cruise super cheap, or maybe something cheaper once you board?

I'm kicking myself for not buying it when it was 50% off a couple of weeks ago, as that was a very reasonable price. Any insight from RCCL experienced cruisers? Again- it's not a need so I'm willing to "gamble" but I'd love to know if there are any cheaper ways once you're on board and/or toward the end of the cruise. Thanks all! :)

Hello

Are you in the C&A, if you are they do offer certain discounts and free internet minutes.

If not, you will find that as the cruise gets towards the end they will offer a longer time online for maybe the cost of 1 days internet, whilst I cannot say for certain that this will definitely be the case it's happened to us on the majority of our cruises.

the other option is to just get online when the ship is in port, many places offer free wifi and quite a lot of the time you can get it at the port itself, just look out for the gatherings of all the crew as they usually know the best places for free wifi.

Hope this helps.

I'm kicking myself for not buying it when it was 50% off a couple of weeks ago, as that was a very reasonable price.

$3 off per day was more reasonable? It is very unlikely you will get a better price on board than buying online. The current VOOM sales are really that (unlike the fake cabin BOGO sales going on for the past 2+ years) compared to the prices on the ship.

Every day the VOOM package price on board will be cheaper by 1 days price - it's called the remaining days package. One 24 hr period of internet is $20. Surf is 12.99 per day - available only on the ship. Stream is $17.99 per day.

Every day the VOOM package price on board will be cheaper by 1 days price - it's called the remaining days package. One 24 hr period of internet is $20. Surf is 12.99 per day - available only on the ship. Stream is $17.99 per day.

Just off the Allure and that is exactly the pricing structure during our trip.

$3 off per day was more reasonable? It is very unlikely you will get a better price on board than buying online. The current VOOM sales are really that (unlike the fake cabin BOGO sales going on for the past 2+ years) compared to the prices on the ship.

Yes, $3 more off a day was more reasonable for me. Thank you for the information, that's very helpful in my decision making.