Brilliance of the seas in March?

Hello everyone, My DH and I are going to cruise out of Tampa on the Brilliance on March 25,2017. We have been on many cruises but never one out of Tampa and was just wondering if anyone know's if this ship is always full of spring breaker's since it is only a 5 day cruise.

This is the only time we can go this year so choosing another month is not an option. We really don't mind spring breaker's but we just don't want to be the only 50 something's on the ship.

Can anyone tell me some info on the Ship that has been on it in March or April?

We are also wondering about best hotel to stay for just the night before the cruise?

We did a 5 day cruise on Brilliance out of Tampa in 2015. There were definitely some college Spring Breakers on board, but they were not overly obnoxious. All in all, it was a nice cruise. We stayed at the Embassy Suites downtown. Very nice hotel and very convenient to the cruise port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was on the March 3, 2016 Brilliance sailing and if there were any spring breakers, they were low key. There were a few bachelor and bachelorette parties, but few students. But ours was a Thrusday-Monday itinerary very early in the "season", which might also have kept the kids away.

I've done that same cruise 3 years in a row now, and will be going again next year as well. There are some idiot kids on board trying hard to have a good time, but the same goes for some adults as well. All in all, no problem at all, and I'd much prefer to have a ship full of college kids rather than screaming little kids.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving !

Thank you all for your replies and we look forward to our cruise in March.

We will be flying in the day before and do not want to rent a car and drive ourselves anywhere (getting away from that too!) so please keep the personal hotel ideas coming and also if you know of a company that would pick us up and drive us to Fort Myers after the cruise then we might like to go there also.

We sailed on Brilliance out of Tampa this past April (early in the month). I didn't see hardly any teens even though we were only on the 4-day sailing. For that specific cruise, average age was typical for a Royal Caribbean 7-day.

We stayed at the Sheraton Riverwalk night before, booked it through Priceline or Hotwire Express Deal and got a great rate. I had done enough research to know that was the hotel we were getting before booking the Express Deal. It worked out great for us; they have a shuttle that will not only take you to the port, but take you anywhere within a certain mile radius around the hotel. The shuttle took us to Ybor City the night before, and we called when we were ready to go back.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone, My DH and I are going to cruise out of Tampa on the Brilliance on March 25,2017. We have been on many cruises but never one out of Tampa and was just wondering if anyone know's if this ship is always full of spring breaker's since it is only a 5 day cruise.

This is the only time we can go this year so choosing another month is not an option. We really don't mind spring breaker's but we just don't want to be the only 50 something's on the ship.

Can anyone tell me some info on the Ship that has been on it in March or April?

We are also wondering about best hotel to stay for just the night before the cruise?

You will not be the only 50 something. There will be quite a few women from the Red Hat Society. We are just women who have fun and dress in red and purple and are over 50. See you onboard.

I've done the same cruise the last 2 years and will be on the week before you next Spring.

There are a normally lot of Breakers, but not overwhelmingly so. For the most part, they act no different from other older passengers.

A few will make you think, "Stupid kid," but that's actually good fun as they make the same mistakes that we did at that age.

Don't worry about it. Just go and have a good time.

We took our daughter on the exact same cruise for her HS Sr. Spring Break (3/30 - 4/3) in 2015. She took a 22 year old friend with her. The were hoping for Spring Break excitement. They were VERY disappointed. Late March early April is High School Spring Break time so it was more families with younger kids. College Spring Break is generally over by then for most colleges.

We are in our mid 60's and looking forward to this cruise. Always enjoy the Spring. Besides I'm just a kid at heart.

We will be driving down from O-H-I-O. It will take 2 or 3 days, just depending how hard I want to push it.

Once the cruise is complete, we plan on spending couple weeks to find a place to relocate to. I'm getting too old to deal with the cold and snow. Besides, we want to be able to be closer to the cruise ports. [emoji481]

Sent from my iPad using Forums