Celebrity Reflection Live 11/22/16

Georgia_Peaches

No, doctor..not a teenaged mentality. In fact, quite the opposite. I own a dog rescue shelter on my land. I am a nonprofit so all expenses are out of my own pocket with the exception of the time that our local vet volunteers in aiding with getting our rescues back to health. They come to us with all manner of ailments from starvation to both internal and external infections. If you think human healthcare is costly, try animal healthcare. So yes, I purchased some antibiotics to help off set the cost of caring for these dogs. Nobody will adopt a sick animal so it is imperative that they get better or get euthanized. If I need an antibiotic, I see my doctor...end of story. So thank you for making everyone more aware of the dangers and I truly do not discount anything you said. But as I mentioned, we all have a story...mine is simply to help sick dogs find a loving home. So now I am going to get back to the business of enjoying my cruise...tonight is dinner at Murano. I hear its wonderful!

Cheers,

Christina

Opp - enjoy your cruise and ignore the side discussion and comments from this "doctor". It's totally rude to hijack your thread, totally rude to accuse you of "teenage mentality" and lecture you without knowing the facts. You really shouldn't have to waste your precious Internet minutes on vacation defending yourself against someone who clearly and quite arrogantly jumped to conclusions. I can only hope that this "doctor" has better bedside manners and doesn't equally jump to conclusions when diagnosing patients...

Thanks for the live updates from the ship - very much appreciated!!

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's another THANK YOU! I was hospitalized for 2 weeks this year fighting a super bug infection contracted from a splinter! The vast majority of educated, well read people have no idea of the seriousness of this antibiotic issue. So yes, Bone Crusha, you were just doing your job in your post and thank you for taking the time to do it.

I'm very glad to hear you're all healed up and enjoying the cruising world once again, presumably. I appreciate the kudos; I love what I do. And to those of you (well, that one of you) who questions my credentials without ever having met me, well, to steal a phrase from my generation...."hatas gonna hate."

Cheers,

Bonecrusha MD