Platinum vouchers

tlreze

Sailing in 2 weeks...11 days...1st time platinum... can you give me a little info about the laundry. Do they just wash and dry...or do they also press shirts and pants....thanks

They wash, dry, press and fold. All delivered in a nice basket.

We've been platinum for a long time and never got priority boarding. Or, are you really talking about priority check in? Big difference. We already get priority check in with CAS. So we don't need the platinum line. If you got priority boarding it would be great though. So easy to get Vibe or Posh passes. Maybe that will come with the new latitudes tiers next year. I'm hoping so.

Oh sorry yep! I meant check in, I have pretty much always just checked in and walked straight onto the ship so don't really see it as two things in my head. My mistake.

Would be so cool to get on there first :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regarding the UDP for all nights and trying to get the free Plat wine and it appears we are in the minority here from what others have said but worth letting you know. When we had the UDP for all nights and we went to Le Bistro on POA we asked to use our certs just for the wine and were told no, the NCL system couldn't figure out how to ring that up so we ended up using the Plat meal cert to get the wine but were limited to one app, one entree, one dessert. Again, others haven't had this problem.

The same thing happened to us last month on the Epic.

We've been platinum for a long time and never got priority boarding. Or, are you really talking about priority check in? Big difference. We already get priority check in with CAS. So we don't need the platinum line. If you got priority boarding it would be great though. So easy to get Vibe or Posh passes. Maybe that will come with the new latitudes tiers next year. I'm hoping so.

Depends on the port. This year, the ports that we have sailed out of that offered platinum priority boarding were Seattle, Port Canaveral , and Boston. You board first before they start calling boarding groups.

They should do it at all ports.

Depends on the port. This year, the ports that we have sailed out of that offered platinum priority boarding were Seattle, Port Canaveral , and Boston. You board first before they start calling boarding groups.

They should do it at all ports.

Platinum got to board just after Suites on our Mexican Rivera (Los Angeles- San Pedro) cruise. Totally surprised us! And I agree with BirdTravels, they should do this in all ports. It doesn't cost NCL anything so you would think it would be an easy change to make for them.

Regarding the UDP for all nights and trying to get the free Plat wine and it appears we are in the minority here from what others have said but worth letting you know. When we had the UDP for all nights and we went to Le Bistro on POA we asked to use our certs just for the wine and were told no, the NCL system couldn't figure out how to ring that up so we ended up using the Plat meal cert to get the wine but were limited to one app, one entree, one dessert. Again, others haven't had this problem.

And I would then have said "ok I'll use my voucher at the same time as using the UDP. Do you really want to bring out 2 of everything and see it sat there uneaten or would you like to give me the bottle of wine instead"

The maitre' d at that point would have brought out the wine I'm sure.

Platinum perks pertain to cruises 6 day or more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's actually 5 days or more which has been set precisely to omit anyone doing a Sky sailing. I guess the thinking is that on a shorter cruise you aren't spending as much.

But I and my wife are both Platinum with nearly 150 points. Our next cruise on Sky(today) is in an aft penthouse, costing over $3000.

Out of all those lovely perks the only one we will get is the onboard discount

It's actually 5 days or more which has been set precisely to omit anyone doing a Sky sailing. I guess the thinking is that on a shorter cruise you aren't spending as much.

But I and my wife are both Platinum with nearly 150 points. Our next cruise on Sky(today) is in an aft penthouse, costing over $3000.

Out of all those lovely perks the only one we will get is the onboard discount

and even this is inaccurate even though that is what the website says. We have done 3 - 3 day cruise one of which was a charter and we received our platinum perks on all 3 of them

and even this is inaccurate even though that is what the website says. We have done 3 - 3 day cruise one of which was a charter and we received our platinum perks on all 3 of them

Oh that sound encouraging thanks, gives us some hope then. Will report back later today to see if the vouchers arrive in our suite.

Edited by stoneman56

The Future cruise consultant runs the latitudes program onboard. check with them.

Yes I did. I received a letter in the room saying that as I was a Platinum member he would like to advice me of "an array of benefits" awaiting me. Then the letter went on only to mention the discounts on board.

I went to see him and the answers he gave as to why we weren't receiving the benefits were laughable.

No free laundry because people on a 3/4 day cruise don't usually need/want laundry doing.

No free meal because we got free Booze instead, but so did everyone else on board, and it wasn't a benefit before the ship went fully inclusive anyway.

No cocktail reception (except for the main one for all the suite guests) because there isn't time on a 4 day cruise for them.

Yes I did. I received a letter in the room saying that as I was a Platinum member he would like to advice me of "an array of benefits" awaiting me. Then the letter went on only to mention the discounts on board. I went to see him and the answers he gave as to why we weren't receiving the benefits were laughable. No free laundry because people on a 3/4 day cruise don't usually need/want laundry doing. No free meal because we got free Booze instead, but so did everyone else on board, and it wasn't a benefit before the ship went fully inclusive anyway.No cocktail reception (except for the main one for all the suite guests) because there isn't time on a 4 day cruise for them.

So,,,, I missed the fact that you were on a 3 day Sky.

The CruiseNext consultant was trying to be nice. The bottom line is that the Latitudes program is very clear in the description of Platinum/Gold perks that they are are available on cruises of 5 days or longer. Neither Sky cruise qualify as 5 days or longer.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-details

While the consultant was trying to rationalize it for you, the program does not allow them to offer you anything on the short cruises.

Edited by BirdTravels

So,,,, I missed the fact that you were on a 3 day Sky.

The CruiseNext consultant was trying to be nice. The bottom line is that the Latitudes program is very clear in the description of Platinum/Gold perks that they are are available on cruises of 5 days or longer. Neither Sky cruise qualify as 5 days or longer.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-details

While the consultant was trying to rationalize it for you, the program does not allow them to offer you anything on the short cruises.

I am quite aware of the rules as I stated up thread.

I was commenting on a poster that said they had received the benefits on a 3 day cruise (again I was on a 4 day not 3)

The letter said go and see him, what he said was not rationalisation, it was flannel, and quite frankly I would have sooner he said "sorry them's the rules" and shrugged his shoulders than to patronise me.

• 1 month later...
yep. La Cucina. Why? Unfortunately, for us the bread was the best part of the meal. We're back to twice a week in Le Bistro with our 2 certificates.

I have 2 for our next cruise and have never used them anywhere else. Always used them on family members cruising with us. Le Bistro wasn't as good as usual on the BA for our thanksgiving cruise and was trying to see if Moderno or La Cucina would take them as I was going to give those places a try. Since they changed the menus I didn't seem to enthused by LeBistro now that the lamb chops and lobster have gone bye bye.

Le Bistro wasn't as good as usual on the BA for our thanksgiving cruise and was trying to see if Moderno or La Cucina would take them as I was going to give those places a try.
You can use them at Le Bistro or La Cucina, that's it. Used to be valid at Moderno, not any more. The voucher makes it clear where you can use it and what you can use it for (see the one posted above).

Can anyone tell me if you get charged the 18% gratuity when you use the Platinum meal voucher now that the speciality restaurants are charging a la carte?

Didn't get round to making reservations in time on our cruise last September so "missed out" on three dinners for two.

Not that we were worried but just interested whether they apply the service charge on the Platinum perk.