Norwegian Getaway Cruise - excursion help!!!

eparrish1109

Hi everyone! This is essentially my "first" cruise that I will be going on with my mom, dad and 8 year old son. We're cruising on Norwegian Getaway and the ports are Roatan, Honduras; Harvest Cay, Belize; Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico. The only excursions I REALLY want to do is swim with dolphins and I would love to play with monkeys. I'm not sure the average price of these and if it's better to book an excursion through the cruise line or somewhere else. If it's better to not do it through the cruise line could anyone provide specific links or whatever it may be to book these. If anyone has ANY suggestions, tips or advice, anything would be appreciated. We leave this coming Sunday, November 27. Thanks!!

I was just at these ports in October and had a wonderful time! I would suggest that you go to the monkey park in Honduras to be able to play with the monkeys. You can get some photos with monkeys crawling on you, as you feed them. They will even perch on your head! In Honduras, we did a private excursion with George Leamus, who was really friendly and took us all over the place. I would suggest doing the swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel at the Chankanaab park. You pay to swim with the dolpins and then it includes your park admission. They have a beautiful beach, snorkelling, a pool with swim-up bar, even a Starbucks (if you miss it from home). They give you a lot of time with the dolphins, more than most places. I did the swimming with the manatees, which was the coolest experience I've ever had. We took a taxi to the park and then a taxi back.

We use Victor Boden in Roatan. You can go online and book directly with him. Or they do have a spot at the port . I think we took the sand and sea?? Went to the Monkey place , iguana farm and beach! Great day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I second the motion about Victor. We've used him twice. Great excursions and very reasonable in price