Need advice on cabin availability .

arkmomma

We are looking to book a Spring Break cruise on the Freedom out of Galveston March 18 2017. 2 adults, 2 kids. Fine with Interior but the only Interior they say are available are on Decks 1&2! Surely the boat isn't that packed 4 months out, right?

Any sites or contact info for a TA is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very likely. Spring Break and any time kids are out of school is in high demand. And if you are looking for a cabin that holds 4, there are less of those than regular double occupancy cabins.

I prefer Deck 1 and stay there quite often. I do like Deck 2 as well, but you have to be careful because you don't want to be stuck under the Galley.

Looking at the Freedom's deck plans, there are only a handful (literally - I counted 5) of interior staterooms that sleep 4 on the upper decks. I am assuming you are looking for all 4 of you in one room...doing a mock booking with just 2, there are many interiors available on all decks. But if looking for all 4 in one room, those are plentiful on decks 1 and 2.

Surely the boat isn't that packed 4 months out, right?

Wrong, especially during Spring Break. I'm surprised there are that many cabins still available.

Any sites or contact info for a TA is appreciated.

It is a violation of CC guidelines and terms of service to provide ANY TA contact info.

Edited by tef43

Uugghhh. Y'all are so right. Thanks for the quick response. I searched for 3 occupancy and had my pick.

We've always stayed on higher decks... I'm nervous about staying lower. Doesn't it take forever to get back and forth?

Uugghhh. Y'all are so right. Thanks for the quick response. I searched for 3 occupancy and had my pick.

We've always stayed on higher decks... I'm nervous about staying lower. Doesn't it take forever to get back and forth?

I love the lower decks. Quiet, easy to get an elevator, you're going opposite the major flow to/from dinner, and super convenient for getting on and off at ports.

My family is personally not a fan of the lower decks and do not book them as we do deck 7 and above but know plenty of people that have no issues with them.

Spring break is a very popular cruise week (and expensive) and they fill up very fast. If you are settled on going that week and you find cabins that would meet your needs, then you probably need to grab them sooner rather than later.

Edited by Drazil65

After MANY hours of searching and compromise, we ended up booking 2 double occupancy rooms on the 7th deck. It increased our total cost by only $320 and doubled our OBC to $100. Only bummer being if we are able to get FTTF it will double that price.

After MANY hours of searching and compromise, we ended up booking 2 double occupancy rooms on the 7th deck. It increased our total cost by only $320 and doubled our OBC to $100. Only bummer being if we are able to get FTTF it will double that price.

Thats a great idea, this way you will have 2 bathrooms for getting ready ~~!!~~ Spring break sells fast. My cruise for Feb 2018 is almost 3/4 sold out already and we are still over a year away ~~!!~~ :eek:

Edited by hockeyluver