Loved the Escape - Already Booked Again

TonyFred

We were on the NCL Escape Halloween cruise this year and enjoyed it so much we have rebooked her for next October. Wanted to do Halloween again but chose the Oct 14, 2017 cruise for the Western Itinerary so we can check out Harvest Caye.

The Food Republic and District Brew House was enough to win us over from booking the Getaway Halloween cruise that also does the Western in 2017.

Both are great ships but the Escape wins hands down overall. Best cruise experience overall out of the 13 I have been on.

So, only 323 days to go!

Did you have any kids/teens with you? If so, what did they like about the escape. We are booked on it for next year but not sure if we want to keep the reservation.

No sorry, both of mine are grown and werent on the cruise. I know the ropes course and water slides are a big draw for the teen crowd.

Anything in particular on the Food Republic and District Brew House that sealed the fate of the Getaway?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The 2 venues really complimented each other. They are on deck 8, port and starboard across from each other. They both are window intense and there are great views, while they have a very intimate feel to them. The beer in the Brew House was really good and was covered by the UBP. You could order food from the Republic while in the Brew House.

As far as food, the pork belly was amazing...very flavorful and cooked perfectly. We tried a lot of things and didnt find anything we didnt like. The staff was great and very helpful. They had singalongs, trivia, etc in the brew house each night.

We were on the NCL Escape Halloween cruise this year and enjoyed it so much we have rebooked her for next October. Wanted to do Halloween again but chose the Oct 14, 2017 cruise for the Western Itinerary so we can check out Harvest Caye. The Food Republic and District Brew House was enough to win us over from booking the Getaway Halloween cruise that also does the Western in 2017. Both are great ships but the Escape wins hands down overall. Best cruise experience overall out of the 13 I have been on.

So, only 323 days to go!

We, too, love the Escape. Sailed on her twice. Have a great return cruise.