Review of Silhouette Nov 2016 Transatlantic

tweetylori

And all too soon it was morning. Friday November 18th, Day 14, our 8th day at sea and the 6th day of our Atlantic crossing.

What a beautiful morning, and note no raindrops this time!

IMG_20161118_141841.jpg

I have noticed over the years that a lot of folks talk about chair hogs. Well there didn't appear to be too much of a problem of that on this cruise on most of the days as they were not the most favorable sunning conditions. But on the days that were, well, maybe a little bit was going on. Personally, I got a kick out of this note about it in our daily on this day:

IMG_20161118_142538.jpg

Waiting for the Officers:

IMG_20161118_152153.jpg

Cruise Director John introduces our Captain! This was the first time I saw him, and it was really cool.

IMG_20161118_153249.jpg

And then the other Senior Officers were introduced. My apology for not knowing names, and I might be inaccurate with naming positions as well, but my memory was that we had a Senior Engineer (far left) (Greek) along with the Head of Hospitality (2nd from left) (from France), the Captain (2nd from right), and the head of Environmental issues (farthest right) (Greek also) In other words, a truly impressive four-some! #amItheonlyoneconcernedaboutwhoislefttosteerthismassiveship

:rolleyes:

IMG_20161118_153452.jpg

This was a very interesting session with some folks in the audience asking thought-provoking questions. I do believe any answers we received were of the politically-correct nature. ;) You know what? That's okay. I'm here for the ride, not learn how to drive it. ;)

Edited by tweetylori

What was for lunch on this fine day? This is what was offered in the MDR:

IMG_20161118_172700.jpg

Didn't overly appeal to us. We contemplated the lunch buffet. The theme on this day was "Welcome to the Caribbean". Not bad sounding, but a nice relaxed lunch sounded good. And we still hadn't found a good burger, so this seemed like the perfect day to check out the Lawn Club Grill, so up up up we went to deck 15!

IMG_20161118_182936%201.jpg

It was a rather windy day, and even with the plastic to shield the wind, my hair was blowing in my face until Husband & I finally switched places. Our Server seemed very concerned to make sure we knew this experience was going to cost us $10 each. We reassured him that we knew that and were happy to spend it for a good burger FINALLY, please!

But which one?

IMG_20161118_173538.jpg

IMG_20161118_173543%201.jpg

After ordering (*** for me, Black & Blue for Husband, both with Herb Parmesan Chips), we went up to the salad bar, which was very nice, but I went for super light, as I had seen the size of the burgers others were eating!

IMG_20161118_174232.jpg

Sure enough they were GIGANTIC! :eek:

Husband's Black & Blue:

IMG_20161118_174232.jpg

Here was mine that was supposed to be a ***, but ***? was it really? I'm not sure, as there were no fried onions, and the bacon was more like pork belly in that it was almost all fat. I can't bite into globs of fat, so I just removed that part of the bacon. There was hardly any sauce on it, but the burger itself was full of flavor, juicy and yes, finally a really good burger!

IMG_20161118_175555.jpg

Too funny, it has automatically censored the name of my burger here. :p If you look at the menu, it was the one with the initials, starting with a W (for white English Cheddar) Then a T (for thick cut double smoked pepper bacon) Followed by an F (for Fried Onion Strings).

And here were the Herb Parmesan Chips (although I never detected any herbs)

IMG_20161118_175601.jpg

No, I couldn't finish all of that burger! But I knew what was coming next...either a warm chocolate chip brownie or apple pie. By now we had learned that anything apple was extra good on this ship, so we opted to share one, and it was indeed very good!

IMG_20161118_181945.jpg

Here are some more pics I had taken earlier in the cruise of this area of the ship...these were taken when we were departing Tenerife:

IMG_20161112_164434.jpg

Their evening menu:

IMG_20161112_164504.jpg

IMG_20161112_164054.jpg

IMG_20161112_164414.jpg

We had to check out those big chairs, but warning! It's not easy getting in or out of them! I felt like Edith Ann (anyone remember Lily Tomlin's Edith Ann?)

IMG_20161112_164208.jpg

Up next, we really wanted to catch Silhouette's Got Talent:

IMG_20161118_142714.jpg

So we did:

IMG_20161118_185407.jpg

They had a couple crew members come out and sing. Then the top Karaoke folks each did a number. I had Que Sera Sera going through my head for the rest of the day! And the Frank Sinatra guy tore the house down with My Way again. Nice enjoyable show.

There were plenty of things going on this afternoon all around the ship, but we decided to just go back to our cabin

IMG_20161118_195826.jpg

After all, we didn't have a lot more time left to enjoy this wonderful view:

IMG_20161118_184122.jpg

The ship was rocking quite a bit on this day, by the way, which I very much enjoyed! It was so smooth the whole time up until now, so it was kinda nice to be reminded that we were on an ocean. :p Of course, that's easy for me to say as I stay medicated before and during any cruise I take, as I easily get motion-sick. The trick for me is to PREVENT it. I don't take any chances, no matter how smooth sailing it is. I started taking Bonine in the mornings and Dramamine at night the day we flew to Rome, and I kept it up until we made it home. As a result, I never had any problem in cars, planes or on the ship.

:D

Speaking of food, of course it was time for dinner! And it was also repeat menu-time:

IMG_20161118_232838.jpg

I was NOT falling for that Duck Terrine again,no way no how, but I was falling for the Butternut Squash Soup again, and it was just as good this time around:

IMG_20161118_234207.jpg

Husband had the Asparagus Salad, which sounded good to me except for the goat part. :p Give the guy some goat and blue and he's a happy guy.

IMG_20161118_234224.jpg

This was the night I realized I was running out of time to fill out the form in our room where we could recognize folks who had made our trip extra special. The problem was the name tags were so dark that I had a hard time seeing them, not to mention my memory is so bad, even if I could see them, it was hard to remember. So I got smart (yes finally!:rolleyes:) and decided to take pics of their name tags.

As a result, I could properly name Mehmet! He was the Bar Server in the MDR who kept Husband in Perrier and Manhattans

IMG_20161119_001717.jpg