Crew Gifts on Christmas Day

canadianeh?

Thanks everyone. We have decided that cash is king so besides leaving the customary "little something extra", we will give a non- holiday specific card with some cash. Wanted to recognize their hard work and simply share a holiday feeling of good cheer.

Perfect!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. We have decided that cash is king so besides leaving the customary "little something extra", we will give a non- holiday specific card with some cash. Wanted to recognize their hard work and simply share a holiday feeling of good cheer.

Just remember to give $U.S. and not our funny money. Those bright colours might blind the crew!:)

I can already imagine the smile on their faces!

I thought the majority of crew members are from the Philippines, which is primarily Catholic.

I don't have any reason to believe that's true. We've seen employees from all over, Eastern Europe, india philippines, etc. Think the main issue being addressed is that with an international crew there's no reason to assume Dec 25 is more important to your waiter/room stewart than any other day. Agree with the sentiment that a "happy new year" is universally celebrated.

Some of these "responses" are so snobby.

OP, I think it is a nice touch that you want to get the crew something for the holiday. A lot of them are away from home and I'm sure there are little gifts they would want, they're all not after dollar bills.

However, unless you knew your room steward already (gender/personality) then there would be no real way of getting them a 'gift' in advance, so money would be appropriate. Maybe if you get to know them you can stop at a gift shop and get them a little something along your trip.