Transfer in Copenhagen

edenrayne

I was wondering if the Getaway offered transfers to the airport after the cruise. I had contacted NCL but got no reply, just thought that someone who has been on NCl cruise in the Baltic seen where it was offered.

Edited by edenrayne

I think they offer airport transfers for every cruise… Last summer on the Star the transfer to Copenhagen Airport cost $30 per person. You'll have plenty of chances to book this on board during the cruise.

Thanks so much hawkeyetlse, appreciate you prompt reply.

Wanted to get all the "ducks in a row" before the cruise starts.

Hate surprises. I know from every other cruise we have been on, that they do offer transfers, but could not find any info. on this port. Thanks again.

Yes you can buy airport transfers on board, and they will also offer post-cruise shore excursions that drop you off at the airport. We are doing this cruise in July and they show these excursions under Copenhagen (when you log into your account and look through the shore excursions offered). You would need to have a late afternoon or evening flight to do these, since you go sightseeing first and then end up at the airport.

Yes you can buy airport transfers on board, and they will also offer post-cruise shore excursions that drop you off at the airport. We are doing this cruise in July and they show these excursions under Copenhagen (when you log into your account and look through the shore excursions offered). You would need to have a late afternoon or evening flight to do these, since you go sightseeing first and then end up at the airport.

Thanks rocklinmom,

But we have a midday flight. so hope the transfers are early.

Thanks rocklinmom,

But we have a midday flight. so hope the transfers are early.

I was on the Star and they offered different transfers depending on your flight time. Our flight was 12:30. We didn't take the earliest and got there in plenty of time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was wondering if the Getaway offered transfers to the airport after the cruise. I had contacted NCL but got no reply, just thought that someone who has been on NCl cruise in the Baltic seen where it was offered.

As noted, you can buy the transfer on board at guest services. It is not considered an excursion if it is just a ride to the airport. You can call the 800#and book the transfer now. It is added to your cruise reservation and is subject to the same cancellation rules as the cruise. There are several times but they assign you based on the time you say your flight is. Your luggage goes on a different "bus" than you. You pick the luggage up at the airport.

We ended up taking a taxi and lost the $30 pp we had paid months in advance. The taxi line is very long after the first group of early morning taxis make the trip to the airport. We were on the Star so it will be a longer wait with the Getaway and more than double the number of passengers.

I was on the Star and they offered different transfers depending on your flight time. Our flight was 12:30. We didn't take the earliest and got there in plenty of time.

We have a 12:30 flight as well, Do you remember the times?

As noted, you can buy the transfer on board at guest services. It is not considered an excursion if it is just a ride to the airport. You can call the 800#and book the transfer now. It is added to your cruise reservation and is subject to the same cancellation rules as the cruise. There are several times but they assign you based on the time you say your flight is. Your luggage goes on a different "bus" than you. You pick the luggage up at the airport.

We ended up taking a taxi and lost the $30 pp we had paid months in advance. The taxi line is very long after the first group of early morning taxis make the trip to the airport. We were on the Star so it will be a longer wait with the Getaway and more than double the number of passengers.

this is our first time on a ship this large! (Getaway) so things will run a bit slower I presume.

Yes this concerned me with the bigger ship so we decided to stay an extra day in Copenhagen after our cruise. If you have a midday flight, I would self-disembark as soon as they let you (I think the docking time is 7am) and grab one of the first taxis. Or, if you do the NCL transfer, it would probably leave soon after docking and you should be alright. They would most likely have you put your luggage out in the hallway the night before and then it would already be on the bus.

We disembarked in Copenhagen a couple of months ago and had an 11:40 flight, with latest check-in at 10:40. We did the early walk-off as soon it was announced at 7:00, got right on a taxi and were at the airport by 8:00.

The transfer offered by NCL was for flights departing 12:30 and later, if I remember correctly.

We have a 12:30 flight as well, Do you remember the times?

Sorry I don't remember exactly. I think they were every hour, maybe. We took the 8:30 I think. The surprise was the long line up to pick up our luggage at the airport. It is in a tent, and the line was outside, and it started to rain...

Sorry I don't remember exactly. I think they were every hour, maybe. We took the 8:30 I think. The surprise was the long line up to pick up our luggage at the airport. It is in a tent, and the line was outside, and it started to rain...

YIKES! lots of things to think about.

thanks to everyone for your advice.

We did B2B cruises on the Star in 2014 out of Copenhagen and only had to deal with transfers from our hotel to the ship on the first cruise. The hotel was near the airport and part of a deal with NCL that included free transfer.

The hotel was very nice, near a mall and rail station for easy access to downtown Copenhagen. I think it was the Crowne Plaza.

Taxis are expensive in Copenhagen and the cruise terminal is on the opposite side of the city from the airport. Even at $60 for two persons a transfer might be a good deal.