On board communicating?

BeverlyS

While I would love to turn my phone completely off for our cruise, our daughter is expecting her first baby, so we will be checking our phones occasionally while on our cruise. That being said, can you use your phone to text other guests while on the cruise? So if hubby goes one direction and I go another, how is the best way to reach him without incurring tons of charges? Any apps or suggestions?

Also, check with your provider to see what they offer. We had service in 2 of our stops through T-Mobile. So I was able to check in then. I didn't need to check in though, but it was nice to at least let family know we were all good, having fun! ;) And we also used the Hub app this time, which was nice to find others from our group.

If you want to turn your phone off between checks on your daughter, I suggest post it notes in the cabin. That way you can see where everyone else is if you cannot find them.

I have also found that after the first day or so, people tend to gravitate to the same spots. Makes it easier to find a travel companion that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you and your daughter use the WhatsApp then she can call you through the app if/when baby is born. But you have to have social messenger pkg at $16/day

That would be the second-tier "Value" Wi-Fi package, not the Social Media one. The $5 Social Media package wasn't quite fast enough to reliably support voice-calling home through FB Messenger, but the Value plan worked quite well. It's awesome to be able to call someone at home and NOT have to pay $2/minute to do it.

There should be a discounted price offered for all of the plans at the beginning of your cruise where you can save off the full daily rate. The Value plan was $62 for all 7 days of my last cruise.