Ovation of the seas

Any Diamond members on board - what's the Diamond Lounge like? :)

Cruise critic on FB has 99 pictures posted by Louise the Australian CC editor and about 5 of the pics are of the Diamond lounge. Open from 7.30 am to noon and 4.30pm til 8.30pm each day.:D

Cruise critic on FB has 99 pictures posted by Louise the Australian CC editor and about 5 of the pics are of the Diamond lounge. Open from 7.30 am to noon and 4.30pm til 8.30pm each day.:D

That's a bit restricted. Usually it's open close to, if not, 24 hours.

That's a bit restricted. Usually it's open close to, if not, 24 hours.

I thought the same, I note the 'happy hour' time ends at 8.30 & that's when the DL closes, seems a bit odd, they should be allowing for people to finish up their drinks & conversations.

But maybe the issue is that it gets too noisy being so close to the music hall that's it's no longer conducive to conversation after that time, so you just take your last drink with you when they close up??

Also, the entry doors look like swing doors, not sea pass activated electronic doors, so maybe they need a staff member there to always check that no non Diamond or above passengers wander in, & hence it's only open when they can actually staff it?

Maybe a Diamond member on board may be able to clarify...

I thought the same, I note the 'happy hour' time ends at 8.30 & that's when the DL closes, seems a bit odd, they should be allowing for people to finish up their drinks & conversations.

But maybe the issue is that it gets too noisy being so close to the music hall that's it's no longer conducive to conversation after that time, so you just take your last drink with you when they close up??

Also, the entry doors look like swing doors, not sea pass activated electronic doors, so maybe they need a staff member there to always check that no non Diamond or above passengers wander in, & hence it's only open when they can actually staff it?

Maybe a Diamond member on board may be able to clarify...

You may be right about the staffing and the hours but my understanding is that they are using it as a high rollers gambling room when not being a DL.

You may be right about the staffing and the hours but my understanding is that they are using it as a high rollers gambling room when not being a DL.

I understood it to be a high rollers lounge during it's Asian seasons only & then it converts back to the DL in the Australian season. This is what Royal had in their promotional Ovation advertising material.

I understood it to be a high rollers lounge during it's Asian seasons only & then it converts back to the DL in the Australian season. This is what Royal had in their promotional Ovation advertising material.

Perhaps you are right, I suppose we will find out when I get aboard on the 30th, if not before.

Agreed, when it's a high rollers room it's dedicated. The DL is then combined with the CL.

Unless they make it a part time one here, but I find that very unlikely. Can't imagine them rolling in and out big roulette wheels twice a day - or leaving them sitting amongst the DL!

Agreed, when it's a high rollers room it's dedicated. The DL is then combined with the CL.

Unless they make it a part time one here, but I find that very unlikely. Can't imagine them rolling in and out big roulette wheels twice a day - or leaving them sitting amongst the DL!

I was just going off what the people aboard the ovation had said on FB, it may well be different once it gets here.

Seems it's still an open issue about the replacement of Dynamic dining. The doubts raised about whether there is enough capacity appear to have been borne out.

Having to wait half an hour for a booked time slot isn't good, and if people say they are switching to speciality restaurants to avoid the wait says that problem exists.

I think DD has gone, despite the claims about a month ago that they were reintroducing it on the Singapore to Freo leg.:D

By open issue I meant how smoothly - without issue - it is.

Keeping DD just for Sydney didn't make any sense, so I didn't put sway in those comments.