Hilton Beach Resort

LisaT91403

We are planning to stay here for one night, pre-cruise. On our previous cruises, we stayed at the W Hotel, and they provided transportation to the port for us. So my questions about the Hilton are:

- Is there any difference between taking a taxi vs. Uber from FLL to the hotel?

- What about from the hotel to the port?

We are a party of 4, if that makes a difference.

If you have any other comments about the hotel, that would be great too.

Thanks!

We are staying at the Hilton Marina this Saturday for the 12/4 cruise. Booked a ride from FLL to the Hilton via Travelocity for $15 pp. We will be taking a taxi to the port Sunday morning since that port gets a bit tricky and I don't yet trust a random uber driver to deliver us efficiently. You would also have a difficult time finding an uber that would seat 4.

We are staying at the Hilton Marina this Saturday for the 12/4 cruise. Booked a ride from FLL to the Hilton via Travelocity for $15 pp. We will be taking a taxi to the port Sunday morning since that port gets a bit tricky and I don't yet trust a random uber driver to deliver us efficiently. You would also have a difficult time finding an uber that would seat 4.

Thanks for the info. How did you book a car on Travelocity?

I think you can do Uber XL to make sure it's a bigger car. That's what we'd have to do.

Thanks for the info. How did you book a car on Travelocity?

I think you can do Uber XL to make sure it's a bigger car. That's what we'd have to do.

https://www.travelocity.com/things-to-do/shared-shuttle-ft-lauderdale-hollywood-airport-fll.a205782.activity-details

The link is a list of airport transfers to the different hotel zones. Looks like you can just book a transfer from there. Just reverse the search from airport to hotel. I booked our flights and hotel through them so that may have lowered the price in a bundle. $20 still isn't so bad.

Edited by CruisingGinger

https://www.travelocity.com/things-to-do/shared-shuttle-ft-lauderdale-hollywood-airport-fll.a205782.activity-details

The link is a list of airport transfers to the different hotel zones. Looks like you can just book a transfer from there. Just reverse the search from airport to hotel. I booked our flights and hotel through them so that may have lowered the price in a bundle. $20 still isn't so bad.

I missed the "per person" in your original post. $80+ for 4 people in a shared van actually sounds like a lot to me. The Uber estimator says $27-$35 for an XL. For your hotel, it's only $13-$16 for an UberX. That's for the whole ride, not per person...and it includes tip.

The Hilton Beach Resort and the Hilton Marina are two different hotels, with the beach resort much further from the port and FLL. For 80 dollars I would definitely skip shared van and take Uber or taxi.

Edited by PCHENG

The Hilton Beach Resort and the Hilton Marina are two different hotels, with the beach resort much further from the port and FLL. For 80 dollars I would definitely skip shared van and take Uber or taxi.

We (2 of us) took a taxi to and from the airport to the Hilton Beach Resort a couple of years ago and the cost was $25-$28 depending on if you were coming from or going to the airport. It was higher coming from the airport due to a airport surcharge. I don't see that it could be that much higher now. And the port is a little closer than the airport to the hotel.

By the way we loved the hotel. We had a 2 two room suite with 1 1/2 bathrooms overlooking the ocean. There were plenty of restaurants and stores around that we walked to.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

We are staying at the Hilton Marina this Saturday for the 12/4 cruise. Booked a ride from FLL to the Hilton via Travelocity for $15 pp.

A taxi - even an SUV taxi - should cost about $15 total not per person from FLL to the Hilton Marina! Uber is even cheaper.

We (2 of us) took a taxi to and from the airport to the Hilton Beach Resort a couple of years ago and the cost was $25-$28 depending on if you were coming from or going to the airport. It was higher coming from the airport due to a airport surcharge. I don't see that it could be that much higher now. And the port is a little closer than the airport to the hotel.

By the way we loved the hotel. We had a 2 two room suite with 1 1/2 bathrooms overlooking the ocean. There were plenty of restaurants and stores around that we walked to.

Thanks for the info! It's nice to hear from someone who has stayed there. It doesn't seem to be a popular choice around here...I see almost nothing about it. Not sure why.

We have stayed at The W the last couple of times, but it was pricey this time so we decided to use some Hilton points. I am hoping we didn't make a mistake :-)

Thanks for the info! It's nice to hear from someone who has stayed there. It doesn't seem to be a popular choice around here...I see almost nothing about it. Not sure why.

We have stayed at The W the last couple of times, but it was pricey this time so we decided to use some Hilton points. I am hoping we didn't make a mistake :-)

I think most people stay closer to the port. We stayed there after a cruise that started in San Juan and ended in Miami. The airfare was so much higher on Sunday so we decided to stay in Fort Lauderdale until Monday. We saved over $170pp on the airfare that way. We also used points to stay at the Hilton Beach Resort. Since we are Gold they upgraded our room and we got free continental breakfast.

You know the area if you have stayed at the W since they are next to each other.

I think most people stay closer to the port. We stayed there after a cruise that started in San Juan and ended in Miami. The airfare was so much higher on Sunday so we decided to stay in Fort Lauderdale until Monday. We saved over $170pp on the airfare that way. We also used points to stay at the Hilton Beach Resort. Since we are Gold they upgraded our room and we got free continental breakfast.

You know the area if you have stayed at the W since they are next to each other.

I would like to stay closer to the port, but I am really picky about hotels. Most people seem to want close to the port, breakfast included, "nothing fancy, just clean". I prefer no breakfast included, and something more upscale. If there were something close to the port in this category, I'd love to know about it!