Oceania's R2 vs. Azamara's R6 Comparison?

ChucktownSteve

If I read you correctly, and maybe I'm not, they expanded these suites but lost the internet room and card rooms to do so?

Well, that would make me think many times about booking on AZ. It's not that I use these rooms regularly -- the card rooms never, the internet room occasionally -- but I want them to be there.

Periodically I check out AZ in terms of itineraries, but so far haven't found one that fit right. But the lack of those rooms would make me think even further.

I guess I'll be staying with Oceania!

Mura

It's convoluted, Mura, but the reading which is kindest to Azamara is that they put the Spa Suites on Deck 9 where the Game room and Internet Rooms were when the ships were built (they had already made the card room into an acupuncture center).

212015.jpg183442.jpg

At the same time, the aft corner of what Azamara calls the Living Room (think Horizons) on the Starboard side was converted into a new game room and Internet area.

213746.jpg

We have just completed our first Azamara cruise and also have cruised on Regatta and Nautica this year. Overall we prefer Oceania, especially for food and the superior baked goods, but there seemed to be more interaction between guests on Azamara and dress was more casual. The areas near the shops and staircase and the lounge adjoining the main dining room become social centers on Azamara whereas they are much more quiet on Oceania. My biggest plus for Azamara was the Living Room (Deck 10 Horizon lounge) which is designed and furnished with comfortable sofas and club chairs in a random design rather than just small armchairs lined up in a row. And the lighting is very attractive in the evening. As a further plus, they offer tapas each evening which is much more than just warmed over hors d'oeuvres. The liberal offerings of complimentary wine and cocktails is a further enhancement. The biggest demerit is for the beds which in no way begin to be as comfortable as those on Oceania. For the price we thought that Azamara was a great alternative to Oceania but we are now looking forward to our first Sirena cruise in two weeks since Oceania is still our first choice.

We have just completed our first Azamara cruise and also have cruised on Regatta and Nautica this year. Overall we prefer Oceania, especially for food and the superior baked goods, but there seemed to be more interaction between guests on Azamara and dress was more casual. The areas near the shops and staircase and the lounge adjoining the main dining room become social centers on Azamara whereas they are much more quiet on Oceania. My biggest plus for Azamara was the Living Room (Deck 10 Horizon lounge) which is designed and furnished with comfortable sofas and club chairs in a random design rather than just small armchairs lined up in a row. And the lighting is very attractive in the evening. As a further plus, they offer tapas each evening which is much more than just warmed over hors d'oeuvres. The liberal offerings of complimentary wine and cocktails is a further enhancement. The biggest demerit is for the beds which in no way begin to be as comfortable as those on Oceania. For the price we thought that Azamara was a great alternative to Oceania but we are now looking forward to our first Sirena cruise in two weeks since Oceania is still our first choice.

I have been on many Azamara cruises and have enjoyed them all.

However their beds are horrendously uncomfortable and I have to request two mattress toppers every time I travel with them.

Am eagerly anticipating my first Oceania cruise on Marina in May. It's good to know that I can expect a comfortable night's sleep

Their food alone should make you want to stay with Oceania.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One more reason that when you find a cruise line that has everything that you like, value and that pleases you, to stop trying to better your hand... its tough to beat a winning combo.... O for me is IT