Redeeming Visa Points

Please bring me up to date. Haven't done it in awhile. I have 50,000 points which I want to redeem to get $500 of my cruise in June. Can I redeem them anytime or do I have to wait. I remember at one time they had to be redeemed 60 or 90 days before you cruise or sometime before final payment:confused:

Also would I put down double occupancy or single occupancy. It gave me two choices. I'm sharing the cabin with my boyfriend under one reservation.

Edited by lauren0309

Please bring me up to date. Haven't done it in awhile. I have 50,000 points which I want to redeem to get $500 of my cruise in June. Can I redeem them anytime or do I have to wait. I remember at one time they had to be redeemed 60 or 90 days before you cruise or sometime before final payment:confused:

Here is the link to the online Rewards Redemption Center https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

You can wait until about 30 days prior to departure. Make sure that you include your Booking ID in the "Comments Box." Final Payment has nothing to do with redeeming points unless you want to use those points earned when you make final payment.

Edited by cruisenfever

... Also would I put down double occupancy or single occupancy. It gave me two choices. I'm sharing the cabin with my boyfriend under one reservation.

Double occupancy means the OBC is split between the two guests. Single occupancy means all the OBC is applied to your account.

Here is the link to the online Rewards Redemption Center https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

You can wait until about 30 days prior to departure. Make sure that you include your Booking ID in the "Comments Box." Final Payment has nothing to do with redeeming points unless you want to use those points earned when you make final payment.

I'm glad you mentioned putting your booking # in the comments box. I had a problem with this on my Anthem cruise this past June. When I saw by the 4th day the credit had not been applied to my account I went to Guest Services. It took me 2 trips there and them making 2 phone calls to the department that handles this before we got it straightened out. I knew that I had put it in the comments because I noticed there was no other place to put it. The GS rep finally let me talk to the guy and he kept saying I did not put my number in the box indicated. I argued with him that there was no box indicated for the number so I had put it in the comments box. He finally found it but still argued with me that I had put it in the wrong place.

Well, I just did it again for our upcoming January cruise and of course there is not a box marked to put your reservation number. This time I made print screens of it so I can show GS because I am sure I will end up there before it ever gets applied correctly.

Double occupancy means the OBC is split between the two guests. Single occupancy means all the OBC is applied to your account.

Im not redeeming my points as OBC. I'm redeeming the points so I can get $500 off the price of the cruise itself.

Do not know about your planned use as I plan to use mine for OBC. I was told last week that if for some reason you have to cancel you do not get your points back. We sail on Dec. 18 and I plan to redeem mine on Dec. 9 as was advised you must redeem 1 week prior to sailing.

If you call redemption center they will answer your question.

Im not redeeming my points as OBC. I'm redeeming the points so I can get $500 off the price of the cruise itself.

You can apply them now, I have already applied points for my November 2017 cruise on The Harmony of the Seas.

Yes it does state single or double occupancy I just checked double.

Edited by killtheump

I called, rather than use the on-line method and this is one of the reasons I do it. They tried to get me to do it on-line but I declined. They send you a confirmation immediately that the OBC has been applied to your cruise. I have had problems with the redemption only one time...the one time I did it on-line.

• 1 month later...