O Life Benefit - shipboard credit or free shore excursions?

blackbr

Thank you for the info (and very prompt reply). We suspected that our theory was too good to be true, i.e. $600 obc or 6 pp shore excursions.

Good info to have, I now trust my TA!

If you do not mind ships tours then look at the excursions offered & the prices & compare with taking the 3 pp free ones

Some excursions can cost up to $200 pp if you are going to take ships tours anyway

It's $600 OBC per stateroom or 6 shore excursions per stateroom. If you select the shore excursion option, both of you have to sign up for them so it is 3 excursions each.

That, plus what Lyn said. Most excursions are over $100 (some a lot more) - so 6 excursions usually cost well over $600 IME.

Also, if you sign up for a certain number of excursions beyond your 3/pp, you will get 25% discount on those extra excursions. As to how many more you have to sign up for varies from cruise to cruise, depending on the length of your cruise.

That info is available online under your shore excursions (or from your TA or Oceania).

Caveat - to get the 25% discount on the additional tours, you have to book them (and pay for them) prior to cruising; if booked onboard, it will be only 15% discount. Also, the "free" excursions have to be booked no later than 14 days prior to cruising.

Edited by Paulchili