When are shore ex avail for viewing?

susiesan

I have a Med cruise on Riviera for oct. 25, 2017 booked. I want to start planning shore excursions, whether I go through O or tour independently.

I'm not able to view the shore excursion for this sailing or any other Med cruise in 2017. When does O make viewing them available?

Shorex usually appear on O's site somewhere around 150 to 180 days out. If I may make a suggestion, find a cruise this year on O which has a similar itinerary, then check those listings. I did this for our cruise in April/May 2017 on the Marina and sure enough, many of those offered this year were also on the list for my cruise when they finally appeared in Sept/Oct this year.

Shorex usually appear on O's site somewhere around 150 to 180 days out. If I may make a suggestion' date=' find a cruise this year on O which has a similar itinerary, then check those listings. I did this for our cruise in April/May 2017 on the Marina and sure enough, many of those offered this year were also on the list for my cruise when they finally appeared in Sept/Oct this year.[/quote']

There are no more O cruises this year in the Med. The earliest are April of 2017. Those are not showing shore excursions yet. Maybe I can look at other cruise lines shore excursions to see what they offer as part of my research into what to do at each port. There are a few that are unique to O or very lightly visited. This would be Palamos, Spain and Koper, Slovenia.

I did do that already, Donna. There are 3 threads about Palamos, not much info. I have been to Koper before, had a driver that took a private group to Ljubljana and Lake Bled. I want to do something different this time.

Hi Susiesan,

We are on the August 22nd sailing that also includes Palamos. I have been looking into the options of Girona as well but think we will just spend our time in Palamos. I found this document of a touristic bus and/or walking routes that takes you around the area. Not sure if you have come across this in your research.

http://www.visitpalamos.cat/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Desplegable-BADIABUS-ang.pdf

In the same vein as OP, I noticed that for our July 2017 cruise, shore excursions are listed for a couple of ports but not others. This is our first time on Oceania. Is it usual that excursions appear gradually or am I to assume that these will be the only excursions offered? Other cruise lines we've been on release all excursions at once.